Remote viewing connection issues.

in2ndo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have you guys been able to connect to the camera remotely? I've gone through the process like 10 times. and the camera gives the message is connected to the internet and the Wi-Fi icon on the camera changes to solid blue. but when I click the cloud on the app. it keeps giving the message "No Cloud-enabled dash cam is registered.
I can do live view if I connected to the camera's wifi.
I'm running the app on an iPhone XS. all up to date. I'm registered and logged into the thinkware account. can't think of anything else.
I've been able to connect to the phones hot spot and also a netgear hot spot. or at least the camera says is connected to the interned. I've changed the name of the netgear to a simple SSID name and the password to a simple password just using one capital letter in the word and 4 numbers.

TIA.

So after like the 20th try I got it to finish the registration of the camera. Now the message says ...6115AD46-6137-4D2C-9E34-618B4E5B8DFB.png

So...it's working now?

Inviato dal mio SM-F900F utilizzando Tapatalk

To summarise:

Start a Thinkware Account Online or via the App.
Set up the Hotspot connection and let the camera connect to the hotspot.
Make sure the TW App is 'Swiped closed' and then While the hotspot is connected to the camera open up the Thinkware Cloud App and it should add that camera to your Thinkware Account.

Then providing the Camera has a Hotspot connection while it's parked or being driven you should be able to Remotely Live View & Get impact notifications etc.

To summarise:

Start a Thinkware Account Online or via the App.
Set up the Hotspot connection and let the camera connect to the hotspot.
Make sure the TW App is 'Swiped closed' and then While the hotspot is connected to the camera open up the Thinkware Cloud App and it should add that camera to your Thinkware Account.

Then providing the Camera has a Hotspot connection while it's parked or being driven you should be able to Remotely Live View & Get impact notifications etc.

I did all of that. With the exception that it sounds like your talking about 2 different apps. I only installed the Thinkware cloud app going by the instructions on the Thinkware website.
initially I was having an issue with the app not finishing the registration. so it wasn't adding the camera. even do the dash cam was connected to the interned. after like the 20th try, it did finished the registration and I got the following screens where I had to agree to 3 things. and was able to add the netgear hotspot. So on the list are my iPhone and the netgear hotspot.
Now when I try to remote view I get the message in the picture in my previous post.

That's strange i have literally come across 2 Android phones that it won't work with (an HTC U11 & my own Xiaomi Mi10 Pro, pretty sure the 'Security' built into my phone is stopping it but i can't disable that, it works fine on my older LG) but i've never come across an iPhone problem.

You don't have a VPN set up by any chance?

That's strange i have literally come across 2 Android phones that it won't work with (an HTC U11 & my own Xiaomi Mi10 Pro, pretty sure the 'Security' built into my phone is stopping it but i can't disable that, it works fine on my older LG) but i've never come across an iPhone problem.

You don't have a VPN set up by any chance?
No. No VPN. I’m going to try it again this afternoon. Busy most of the day. If I don’t get it to work . I’m just going to call support. I have the feeling it might be the cloud server. I’ve seen a lot complains about it. I also have to try adding my home wifi as a hot spot and this way I make sure is not an issue with the netgear hot spot.

Have you got the latest V1.00.15 Firmware on the camera?

Have you got the latest V1.00.15 Firmware on the camera?
I did run the update and it appeared to install correctly. I just need to go back in and verify the version. But won’t be able till later this afternoon.

Ok. So I went and tried again. Made sure the firmware was up to date. And nothing.
called support. The lady asked what message I was getting on the app. So I open the app to get the error message and guess what...? It connected... lol.

Back