Review: Discovery Adventures DC200 - 1296p A7 Car Dvr DashCam - White

Hi, Quick Question for DC200 Expert.

When playback recorded video from Android device I see some the following data appear in the video
as sub title, what are those data??
please advise.
I guess those are G-sensor data.

what you see is the G-Sensor data, the ,,,,,, before that is where the GPS data would be shown if you had GPS connected, the fields are empty if you don't have it connected, the commas are separators between each field

Hi, Few comments about using DC200 as Digi Cam
1. It limited to take 50 photos regardless of photo resolution, need to delete older photos if need to take more photos.
2. Using lowers Resolution (2688x1512) since higher resolution 4800x 2700 was a waste of space since the CCD only good for up to 2196p
3. Switching Meter mode need to go back to video mode first.
4. With fully charged Battery, you can take up to 30 to 40 Photos.
5. Reason to use DashCam as Digi Cam is to make use of 170 Degree Wide Angle Shot , in stead of bringing my DSLR Camera.

Last edited:
Discovery Adventures DC200 + Xiaomi powerbank =

Hi Qlgu, That was fun!!! , I wonder if your recording sound ok , since my recording is so sensitive which pick up Engine and suspension noise while driving near 50 mph
I see you carrying the cam around by hand, it must pick up a lot of noise during your recording.

o8lpqo.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, Qlgu,

PS: Another New project with DC200 , Using DC200 as Wide Angle Studio Camera with HDMI and/or SDI to PC for youtube live streaming..

I did some initial HDMI test with BlackMagic SDI and HDMI capture card,

and I think you might want to know some info about it , I set my Camera to 1920x1080i only

1) When Using HDMI directly , the output to BlackMagic Mini Recorder reports 1920x1080i 59.94
2) When using HDMI to SDI converter $ 40 from amazon , BlackMagic Mini Recorder reported SDI input as 1920x1080i 59.94
3) No problem with HDMI output even with Internal Battery only.
4) No problem to capture any Photo, all buttons, function still working, Switching from Video to Photo or playback no issue at all. ( However, you can not capture VIDEO while connecting to HDMI output.
5) No problem pick up Audio from this DC200 via HDMI or SDI for live streaming
6) While connecting to PC or TV via HDMI, the DC200 internal LCD will be turn offed.
7) No way to disable on screen display , that mean this Cam is no good for using as Studio Cam unless we have a way to disable on screen status.

I tried all recording resolution , HDMI output always keep at 1920x1080i 59.94.

As you know from the following pictures , I was actually using my DC200 to took those picture below while displaying the Image on PC via HDMI or SDI

Attachments

• 2015-12-14-11-10-13.JPG
    2015-12-14-11-10-13.JPG
    452.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 2015-12-14-11-11-23.JPG
    2015-12-14-11-11-23.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 2015-12-14-11-09-15.JPG
    2015-12-14-11-09-15.JPG
    485.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hi, I need help !!! I lost my firmware with Discovery Adventures DC200, maybe someone has a working firmware? And a description of how to sew. I will be very grateful! Thank you in advance.

[Notification]

We celebrate Chinese New Year Festival from Feb 6 to Feb 13.

To compensate possible delays we offer even better prices in every category.

Local Warehouse continue to work normally.

Hi everyone,
I received today dc200n from gearbest , but after second switching on I can see only white screen. And can not do anything.
Maybe need to change firmware? Does anybody have firmware?

Xiaomi dashcam will be the best choice for you.:)

Oh man. I already place an order for DC200. I heard good reviews so hopefully it wont bring dissapointments.

Hi everyone,
I received today dc200n from gearbest , but after second switching on I can see only white screen. And can not do anything.

I heard somewhere while reading/looking for DC200 reviews. A guy has similar problem and he suggested to connect DC200 via HDMI to a TV and switch it to NTSC from PAL.

Hi, I need help !!! I lost my firmware with Discovery Adventures DC200, maybe someone has a working firmware? And a description of how to sew. I will be very grateful! Thank you in advance.
Hi everyone,
By connecting to the TV, reset to factory settings.
Still it is possible to solve the problem of the new firmware. It is necessary to put at stake the firmware file, click reset. After switching on, press once UP, then OK. Wait until the recorder will restart itself with the new firmware.
I asked for the firmware to support the official website
E-mail: 2793094790@qq.com.
They sent me the latest firmware and instructions. Firmware is the same as on Anytek A2, only the screen saver is normal. Even it called A2.

Last edited:
My question is, is it possible to zoom in on the go?
It seems there is an inscription on the optical - 8x digital zoom.
How to do it?

Oooh no why do i read this all now... I have yesterday buy a Anytek A2. After changing a few settings. Also ntsc-pal it has only a white screen. Have do anything. Also downloaded the official firmware from AnyTek:

Put it on a tf card and press some buttons. Now it's bricked i think. I have only a red charge light when i connect it to a laptop or charger. When i disconnect it, the light goes directly off. I have tried many things. The only way to bring a little bit life back in to the dashcam is to hold the powerbutton and the > button at the same time. about 10 seconds the charge led goes a second of and on again. when i release my finger from the powerbutton and press the > button there comes a unknown usb device on my laptop. It looks like a 'usb composite' device but there are no drivers.

Who will helps this stupid guy to fix his new dashcam (a)

Edit: http://www.szanytek.com/upfile/file/20151021/A2.zip

This firmware i has found on the Anytek site.

Last edited:
Еще раз.
1. Установите прошивку "firmware.bin", имеющий форму, в корень карты.
2. Отсоедините от компьютера.
3. Введите иглу при сбросе.
4. dashcam будет перезагружен.
5. Если дисплей работает должным образом, выберите принять и нажмите кнопку ОК.
6. Если горит белый экран, как только мы нажимаем стрелку в верхней и OK.
7. Не волнуйтесь и не ждать, пока перезагрузки устройства.

My question is, is it possible to zoom in on the go?
It seems there is an inscription on the optical - 8x digital zoom.
How to do it?
Usually, digital zoom works by pressing and holding up button to zoom in and down button to zoom out while it's recording.
Manual should explain it.

71LPnTk8n9L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Back