Review: Discovery Adventures DC200 - 1296p A7 Car Dvr DashCam - White

Due to lost posts... here is the underground parking video again...
Great video quality!

It does have a GPS port so I will try plugging a gps module from another camera to see if it works.
@ieGeek, does it work with any module?
Also, do you have your own viewer program like registrator viewer to play and view gps information?

Hello sunny,

I have this gps module : A118c gps 3.5mm
But camera need 2.5mm gps Plug right ?

I need Jack Adapter Converter but which one ? 4 pin or 3 pin ?

or

Thank you.

Hello sunny,

I have this gps module : A118c gps 3.5mm
But camera need 2.5mm gps Plug right ?

I need Jack Adapter Converter but which one ? 4 pin or 3 pin ?

or

Thank you.

I don't think GPS will work even with right 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter.
Here's what @ieGeek said:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...p-a7-car-dvr-dashcam-white.13665/#post-178651
Hi, the current GPS port is reserved, we will release the updated version later so it will have GPS function then, thanks !

Hi, Currently Testing this DC200, I got mind from Amazon. for $99 USD.

Anyway, 1 think I noticed is that this camera has the following feature that is not listed in English Menu

A. The track/ lane deviation alarm
B. large intelligent traffic safety distance alarm algorithm
C. Low light Warning alarm

I also posted some comment in Amazon, but just want to stop by here for information shares to all DC200 owner.

As far as I know the sharp of this camera is also used by another China company Anytek A2

so what I am try to do my research is to check if GPS function is enabled by other company, as well as updated firmware, hope all other company are using the same motherboard.

Once I get more info, I shall post links here. Thanks

Here is the Video info tested so far..
5 Minute 1920x1080 29 f/s video need 540 MB (566,525,952 bytes)

Data rate: 14996 kbps

Audio Bit rate 64kbps, Channels 1 ( mono) Audio Sample Rate 48kHz

Firmware version is DISCOVERY-DC200 20150501

One time I disabled the auto power off timer to check how long this camera can record video with only the fully charged internal battery..
Result:

Comment: During the video recording with internal battery only , the screen may turn off after screen timer kicked in, but you can still see the blinking GREEN light which indicated that the video recording is still on going, and you can re-enable the screen by pressing the Lower right corner ">" button, which do nothing ,but re enable the screen

Amazing that ,
After 3 minute , the battery level dropped to 75%
After 7 minute , the battery level dropped to 50%
After 13 minute of video shooting, the battery level dropped to 25%
From this point on, I keep the LCD off and just monitor the blinking green light. I am hoping the unit able to shutdown and saving the last video segment before out of battery..

After 25 minute and 9 seconds of video shooting, the camera shutting down with few warning beeps

After power up again, I see 6 files recorded Video , first 5 files contains 5 minutes recording, the last video file only last 9 seconds before power down

Summary: I guess the internal battery is good enough for you to use it as Digital Cam , plus you can still able to carry out this cam outside of your car to shoot more video in case of car accident.

Question 1, in the Menu, There is "HDR_1920x1080 30P 16:9" and "1920x1080 30P 16:9"
I wonder does anyone compare the different between HDR vs non HDR??

Question 2 , the meter Mode, setting, it has "Average", "spot" and "Center", I wonder if anyone tested the different in Video recording and photo shooting??
Currently , I am using " Average" , since Spot or Center mode causing the recording too dark during sunset and sunrise time

Question 3, I wonder how "Fatigue Driving" work?? does this camera able to monitor Drivers eye level or head level??

Question 4, I like to use this dc2000 as WebCam since it has very wide angle and very good low light shooting. However,

I still do not know how to hook this up as webcam since once the unit connected to PC with USB cable, it show up as USB connecting mode., but no way to select "webcam mode"

Update:

I found a website that has DC200 Clone??

http://www.szanytek.com/anytek/?pro-12-170.html

and it does has newer firmware, for Anytek A2 , but I wont try with DC200.
If anyone out there brave enough to try, let us know..

Last edited:
Jokiin , Thanks for info, if this is the case, good news for DC200 owner. I like to get the GPS working on DC200 by ordering the GPS cable used by Anytek AT66.
Do you have any source for getting the GPS module for DC200/Anytek A2 ??

I only found the following, but wonder worth to try?? or Do I need to use Anytek A2 Firmware?

Hmm, anyway, I did the firmware update of my Discovery DC 2000 to ANYTEK-A2 20150907-V1.0

using the following link

http://www.szanytek.com/upfile/file/20151021/A2.zip

and when I power up, it show up as Anytek logo instead of Discovery logo

This firmware has just same function,but with little bit different icon.

Video link coming soon.

Hmm, anyway, I did the firmware update of my Discovery DC 2000 to ANYTEK-A2 20150907-V1.0

using the following link

http://www.szanytek.com/upfile/file/20151021/A2.zip

and when I power up, it show up as Anytek logo instead of Discovery logo

This firmware has just same function,but with little bit different icon.

Video link coming soon.
does the anytek firmware have ADAS features in English menu?

Well, Both DC200 firmware and AnyTek firmware has ADAS in English Menu.

what I mean was ADAS was not in Printed Booklet as well as not appear in English Website.

Here is the Video Snapshot , noticed that " DC200" NOT appear in front of the Date stamp any more after Anytek A2 firmware upgrade. Interesting.

Here we go,
Power up DC200 show Anytek Logo..

Not sure what bug fix in this version, I hope Discovery will release latest firmware than 20150501

Hi Just Update about "HDR_1920x1080 30P 16:9" vs "1920x1080 30P 16:9"

For "1920x1080 30P 16:9" Mode , you can take photo snapshot using lower left button (Mode Button) while video is recording, photo preview will pop up at lower right corner

For "HDR_1920x1080 30P 16:9", you can NOT take photo snapshot using lower left button (Mode Button) , all you hear is a "Dong" sound while pressing the button. No photo preview..

I found another feature that is not mentioned in the Menu, this feature good for User who use this Cam as Digital Camera and DashCam at the same time

You need to set to use "Manual Recording" first in menu.

The following are power up test with "Manual Recording" selected.

1. No External Power, Power on unit.
Result : Cam will NOT start recording automatically. ( Dig Cam Mode, you can now switch to photo or review mode without the need to stop the recording first)

2. No External Power, Power on unit, following by plug the USB power cable ( when you set up the cam before driving, do not power on the unit manually)
Result: Cam will NOT start recording even detected power after power on.
Cam will go into USB connecting mode if power source is from PC.

3. Place your Cam in your Car, With Car charger USB Power plugged in first , Do nothing with the cam, Just start your Engine.
Result: Cam will START recording when Engine starts .In other word, when the Cam is in power off state, detecting power source from USB will automatically power up the CAM and kick in Video Recording automatically regardless of Recording option set in "Manual Recording" ( DashCam mode )

Last edited:
The following may be able to get into Webcam mode or Service mode

WARNING, the following may cause your DashCam into non operational state ,please read All instruction first.

Connect to PC USB

Power down the unit again

hold down Left or Right Key before power up the Cam

Once it up, you will see "A7L" unknown device with Device ID "USB\VID_4255&PID_0008" show up in Win7 x64 device manager

However, I can NOT find any driver for this "A7L" and not sure if this is a service mode or Web cam mode?

To get back to the DashCam Mode, YOU MUST RESET THE UNIT USING A PIN, please have you paper clip ready.

Please do not confuse reset button with Mic hole. Reset hole has no Label where Mic has label.

More test on photo shooting feature for this Discovery DC200

The following data from 2 JPG properties ( Super Dark and Super Bright Photo)

Camera Model as Ambarella MK-1
Dimensions : 4800x2700
Horizontal resolution 72 dpi
Vertical resolution 72 dpi
Bit Depth: 24 bits
ISO: from 116-400
F-Stop : f/3.6
Exposure time 1/7 sec to 1/4096
Focal Length 5mm
Max Aperture 3.73
Metering Mode:Average, Center or Spot
No flash

Hi, Quick Question for DC200 Expert.

When playback recorded video from Android device I see ,,,,1.00,1.00,1.00 data appear in the video as sub title, what are those data??
please advise.
I guess those are G-sensor data.

Last edited:
Hi, Quick Question for DC200 Expert.

When playback recorded video from Android device I see some the following data appear in the video
as sub title, what are those data??
please advise.
I guess those are G-sensor data.
Looks like it.
Check the numbers when you brake or go over bumps and it should be higher.

Back