Review: Dome D201 Ambarella A12 2560x1440p HDR GPS Dashcam (Gearbest.com)

No problem. Hope it's working for you.

I sent you version 1.19. I use Windows 10 and it seems to work fine.

Thanks, Jeremy, for posting the link.

hi can anybody tell me how to flash the high bitrate ver of FW, i downloaded the
20160218a_DAB201_A12a55_gps_edog_sergey_v2243.rar inside got 2 file AmbaSysFW.bin, bst_bld_sys_dsp_rom.elf, i know how to flash it,
but DAB201-G_A12LA55_v2243 (20160218) BITRATE_ICONS.zip this is high bitrate version, inside got only one file AmbaSysFW.bin , how to flash it?

hi can anybody tell me how to flash the high bitrate ver of FW, i downloaded the
20160218a_DAB201_A12a55_gps_edog_sergey_v2243.rar inside got 2 file AmbaSysFW.bin, bst_bld_sys_dsp_rom.elf, i know how to flash it,
but DAB201-G_A12LA55_v2243 (20160218) BITRATE_ICONS.zip this is high bitrate version, inside got only one file AmbaSysFW.bin , how to flash it?
If you know how to flash it, where is the problem? You don't need more "bin" files, different values for bitrate you can chose from quality settings (S.Fine, Fine or Normal)

If you know how to flash it, where is the problem? You don't need more "bin" files, different values for bitrate you can chose from quality settings (S.Fine, Fine or Normal)

hi, that means flash FW need AmbaSysFW.bin file only, dont need bst_bld_sys_dsp_rom.elf from original file? just put 1 file in tf card to flashing is ok?

hi, that means flash FW need AmbaSysFW.bin file only, dont need bst_bld_sys_dsp_rom.elf from original file? just put 1 file in tf card to flashing is ok?
Yes, only "bin" file is necessary, the "elf" file is for flash thru DirectUSB using computer.

@D201 SG
Dome sent me a new firmware version to try and see if the parking mode issue is fixed. I have not yet had a chance to try this so I do not know if anything else is different as well. If you try it let me know how it goes. They sent two new versions, but I don't know what the difference between the two is. Link is below for version 2382. I can post other version if this does not fix it (v2383).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqxanftr9035b2p/20160402a_DAB201_A12a55_gps_zhongxing_v2382.rar?dl=0

Just tried the new version out. Seems to fix the parking mode issue. However, the speed is in KPH with no option for MPH.

Link reuploaded since been corrected errors!!!
NEW
version 2382 High Bitrate Edition... Changed only bitrate...
Link: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/9oar/uwGU8XF4J
It is necessary to check whether the values correspond to the declared...
Code:
----------------------------------------------------------
2.5.6.0.x.1.4.4.0 30FPS..............40-36-30
2.5.6.0.x.1.4.4.0 HDR................40-36-30
1.9.2.0.x.1.0.8.0 60FPS..............36-32-28
1.9.2.0.x.1.0.8.0 30FPS..............36-32-24
1.9.2.0.x.1.0.8.0 HDR................36-32-24
----------------------------------------------------------
If something does not match, correct this text and send me...

N.B. The firmware is at your own risk!!!

Last edited:
Just tried the new version out. Seems to fix the parking mode issue. However, the speed is in KPH with no option for MPH.

i have tried the new FW, backlight timer working fine now...... i am a happy man now :) but it will be perfect if the camera can switch between continuous mode and parking mode automatically after a predetermined time... just like the Blackvue.. : ) yah... i know some people will just say i should just get a Blackvue in the first place... but if it is just a FW issue i don't see why it can't be done....

@D201 SG
Dome sent me a new firmware version to try and see if the parking mode issue is fixed. I have not yet had a chance to try this so I do not know if anything else is different as well. If you try it let me know how it goes. They sent two new versions, but I don't know what the difference between the two is. Link is below for version 2382. I can post other version if this does not fix it (v2383).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqxanftr9035b2p/20160402a_DAB201_A12a55_gps_zhongxing_v2382.rar?dl=0
Thank you!

hi the v2382 got kmh selection menu or not?

Last edited:
You cannot select between MPH and KPH. It's only KPH (KMH).

KPH or kph may refer to: Kilometres per hour (km/h) – a physical unit of speed or velocity (non-standard; km/h is usually preferred where SI conformance is important)

actually in my country never use kph, only km/h, so kph=km/h ...

Back