Review: Firefly 6S 4K Wi-Fi Sports Action Camera with Gyro, NT96660 & Sony IMX078 (Gearbest.com)

Even though there probably is not much to add to this topic, because @Sunny did an excellent job providing great information, I would like to leave a link to my video review and article that contain few more details and more visual info.

Entire Firefly 6S review can be found here

http://pevly.com/firefly-6s-review/

And here is a video review

Hopefully Sunny does not mind me posting this here.

Excellent review. I believe the colour is probably quite bad because they're not taking advantage of the 3D LUT colour processing capabilities of the novatek chip. Im guessing they dont really have the knowhow to program their device properly.

Its really disappointing to hear about the customer support but thats almost expected. These companies are just manufacturers/factories. They dont care about the customer. Thats for distributors to deal with.

In the end I only ordered one because of the price, if I'm unhappy, I will probably buy a gopro. The xiaomi yi has good image quality but cant change settings when you're in the water. I got the firefly 6s for a tropical island holiday after all!

the Git1 and Git2 only have 3 buttons and they CAN be operated through the waterproof case, so if you need to change settings while diving, you can. about the only thing you can't do while underwater is change the battery. ;)

the Git1 and Git2 only have 3 buttons and they CAN be operated through the waterproof case, so if you need to change settings while diving, you can. about the only thing you can't do while underwater is change the battery. ;)
True, that was my first option but the Gitup's are a a bit pricy for what they are after converting to AUD from USD :(

even when buying from a chinese vendor like gearbest or banggood?
Around $200 aus dollars on special from those sites.

Can anyone tell me what battery firefly 6s uses so I can buy more before it arrives? Thank you!

Also I see a lot cameras which are advertised as 4K and the only one which can do the same 4K horizontally interpolated as others but not advertising as 4K camera is the GitUp Git2.
For all these cameras with NT96660 chipset the 4K recorded resolution is always 2880x2160 (3K) and the software or hardware playback resolution resulted is always 3840x2160 (4K), no matter the player or the operating system. If some player or application is showing other values, it is wrong.

The things are very simple: the recorded resolution is 2880x2160 but the Display aspect ratio is 16:9, check in MediaInfo. When a software or hardware player is opening a file it also read the Display aspect ratio and it will resize the image based on that AR value.

NT9660 4K.jpg

This is the same thing like for a video recorded for example at 5 fps but when watching it you will see for example at 30 fps just because the stored Frame rate is 30 fps.

But when editing these files is very possible to have in preview the real values like 2880x2160 or 5 fps and this is correct.

enjoy,
Mtz

Around $200 aus dollars on special from those sites.

Can anyone tell me what battery firefly 6s uses so I can buy more before it arrives? Thank you!

Getting a spare battery is a good idea. I do not have spare batteries of that capacity nor it fits any of the cameras I have. Maybe you can send an email to manufacturer, just to see if they have it, or they can tell you which one fits.
Its a 1600mAh battery.
I am 99% sure this one would be OK. It looks exactly like the one I have in camera.

Yes, this battery is for firefly 5s and firefly 6s.;)

http://www.gearbest.com/firefly-6s-battery-_gear/

My experience purchasing the firefly from Gearbest has not been good.
Firstly the stock level was a lie and misleading (website said 99pc available) when I ordered. As advised by customer service "stock level changes daily" Order had been processing for nearly 10 days when the stock page says ship in 3 days. Customer service ignored my questions with a generic answer and when I followed up again with questions, they replied with exactly the same generic response. I then asked for a refund but they ignored me and then I got an item shipped notification. They also uploaded a photos of a shipping manifest however that is definitely not proof its shipped, there was no item in the photos, just a manifest printed on office paper. Tracking code still not working 3 days later. My guess its not even scheduled to be picked up.

Even once shipped it can still take a week to show up on the tracking site, just the way it works unfortunately

Hi guys, my 6S came 2 days ago and I did some test. I noticed shooting at 4k or even 2k lag the audio. I'm on v2.3 fw. Is that normal? Video seems smooth, it just the audio lags. 1080P 60fps audio is ok.. sometime lags a bit but nothing major.

Received my firefly today. The lens is completely out of focus and the video corrupts :( @GearBest

Christmas ruined!

firefly6s_blurry.jpg

firefly6s_corrupt.jpg

Last edited:
Received my firefly today. The lens is completely out of focus and the video corrupts :( @GearBest

Christmas ruined!

firefly6s_blurry.jpg

firefly6s_corrupt.jpg
Not sure about focus but try a faster or different sd card for damaged issue.
Also, try fw 2.3.

Not sure about focus but try a faster or different sd card for damaged issue.
Also, try fw 2.3.

Hi Sunny,

SD card is a very fast SDXC UHS 3 card. I'm fixing the blur issue myself, took a long time to remove the lens as they glued the threads with some melted plastic type of glue.
Not sure what I can do about the corruption, I will try a different card.

Test the card with h2testw program.

So anyone having issue with the sound problem on 2k and 4k? FW 2.3 and also, do you think I can downgrade the fw?

Back