Review: Firefly 6S 4K Wi-Fi Sports Action Camera with Gyro, NT96660 & Sony IMX078 (Gearbest.com)

So anyone having issue with the sound problem on 2k and 4k? FW 2.3 and also, do you think I can downgrade the fw?
I'll test it out with my cam shortly.

***UPDATE***
I pulled apart the firefly 6S and removed the lens. The lens screw thread was glued with a strong plastic type of glue - stronger than the stuff you get from your standard glue gun. Pretty pointless that it was glued to such an extent as the lens doesn't rotate easily anyway, maybe it would be a problem with loads of vibration but even then...

The quality control is laughable - same issue as what the Xiaomi Yi faced!

Oh and I formatted the sd card in camera and nomore corruption issues this time.

BEFORE
firefly6s_blurry.jpg

AFTER
firefly6s_fixed.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ckk
Good job on the OOF lens.

I'll test it out with my cam shortly.

Hi, there are some advice:
1. Factory Reset
2. Clean the Len
3. Using camera without accessories.
4. Update the video and pictures for us.

We will offer those pictures and video to supplier.

Hi, there are some advice:
1. Factory Reset
2. Clean the Len
3. Using camera without accessories.
4. Update the video and pictures for us.

We will offer those pictures and video to supplier.
@GearBest please look at my post! I already added before and after photos of the faulty camera. Please note the bit about the out of focus lens, cleaning the lens is bad advice. I had to do a fix similar to xiaomi yi cameras. Very poor quality control.

while I agree with that, Gearbest are just the seller, they don't have anything to do with quality control
I know this, if you see what I was replying to, they were updating the supplier, therefore I am offering the information they need.

I know this, if you see what I was replying to, they were updating the supplier, therefore I am offering the information they need.

telling them Xiaomi cameras are the same with poor quality control perhaps won't get your point home

telling them Xiaomi cameras are the same with poor quality control perhaps won't get your point home
I actually told them I had to do the same fix as people were doing with their Yi's ie pulling apart and refocussing the lens. I'm sure gearbest are aware of that same situation.

I actually told them I had to do the same fix as people were doing with their Yi's ie pulling apart and refocussing the lens. I'm sure gearbest are aware of that same situation.

yeah I'm familiar with how things get taken out of context, if you tell them their quality control as just like Xiaomi they (the manufacturer) might not think that's such a bad thing

Did you test out the sound problem? on 2k and 4k mode? On v2.3 FW. I got mine from Gearbest.

Did you test out the sound problem? on 2k and 4k mode? On v2.3 FW. I got mine from Gearbest.
Mine doesn't really pick up sound and that's with the camera outside of the waterproof case. I don't know if its out of sync for that reason. I note it records mono at 96kb/s 32,000hz or something like that, pretty pathetic. The WiFi function is also laughably bad, trying to download a video recording off it that's only 5mb takes an hour if it doesn't stuff up. This is all on 2.3 firmware. I wish they made an option similar to protune on the gopro so I could color grade the footage myself because whatever the firmware programmers have done makes the footage horrible. I defiantly think this is due to their firmware programming rather than the hardware.

Reactions: Ckk
I've got problem with 6s, can't start up (power on), has bought from Gearbest and I've submitted this case since Nov 19 until now no solution, just inform can return with RMA but not provide address. Gearbest's customer support very terrible.

I've got problem with 6s, can't start up (power on), has bought from Gearbest and I've submitted this case since Nov 19 until now no solution, just inform can return with RMA but not provide address. Gearbest's customer support very terrible.

Hi,

Thanks for your understanding.

Can u offer your order number?

I will check for u.

Best regards.

Hi,

Thanks for your understanding.

Can u offer your order number?

I will check for u.

Best regards.
Thank you, first ticket is T15111916790 and transfer to T15120905570 and order number is WW1510180444145272

Thank you, first ticket is T15111916790 and transfer to T15120905570 and order number is WW1510180444145272

Hi,

I am so sorry to inconvenient u.

I just told our customer service to help u.

If u have any questions, pls feel free to contact us.

Wish a Merry Christmas.

Hi,

I am so sorry to inconvenient u.

I just told our customer service to help u.

If u have any questions, pls feel free to contact us.

Wish a Merry Christmas.
Thank you for your support but I still don't get RMA code before return package to GB and the post office will be close, I've travel on Dec 24, need your help to escalate this case, has been took very long time for RMA.

Yes. I just told our customer service to check again.

Thanks for your support.

Wish u a nice trip.

To Developers
Please add ISO 3200 and 6400 in new firmware and bitrate 40mbit/s in all resolutions
Thank you!

To Developers
Please add ISO 3200 and 6400 in new firmware and bitrate 40mbit/s in all resolutions
Thank you!
That high ISO may not be possible! What I hope they do is fix the metering because my skies are always blown out even on low EV and ISO 100

Back