Review: Firefly 6S 4K Wi-Fi Sports Action Camera with Gyro, NT96660 & Sony IMX078 (Gearbest.com)

Has anyone been experiencing sound problems with recorded video on modes other than 1080p60?

I'll try and get a video on here to demonstrate, but there's a lot of distortion to the recorded audio. No problems at all on 1080p60. I'm on 2.3 firmware.

Yes the audio sounds like its underwater or in a cave.

Yes the audio sounds like its underwater or in a cave.

Has this issue only started from v2.3? (My camera came pre-installed with 2.3 so haven't checked any other firmware versions)

Has this issue only started from v2.3? (My camera came pre-installed with 2.3 so haven't checked any other firmware versions)

I think so. On the previous firmware, the mic gain must not have been high enough cause mine wouldn't pick up sound very well but on 2.3 the volume is louder yet distorted.

@Sunny , I tried your version of the app, did exactly like in the video. Only when I start this third version of firefly, it does the exact same thing it did before. Just says "Is connected to camera" and the symbol in the center blinks and nothing else happens. Eventually phone goes into standby due to inactivity.

It really looks like I got a defective camera. I'll get a refund from gearbest.

@Sunny , I tried your version of the app, did exactly like in the video. Only when I start this third version of firefly, it does the exact same thing it did before. Just says "Is connected to camera" and the symbol in the center blinks and nothing else happens. Eventually phone goes into standby due to inactivity.

It really looks like I got a defective camera. I'll get a refund from gearbest.
Make a video.
Also, make sure to uninstall other versions of the app.

@Sunny

I tried the version of the app you suggested, however it didn't work.

Here is the video

Does this camera delete old files automatically once the SD card is full?
I really need this function to use it as a dashcam.

My day video at 1080/60fps looks fine, but when in a tunnel or at night, everything is blurry...
I can't even read the plates in the car front of me...

Attachments

• Tunnel FF6S.jpg
    Tunnel FF6S.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 21
My day video at 1080/60fps looks fine, but when in a tunnel or at night, everything is blurry...
I can't even read the plates in the car front of me...

Your lens actually looks out of focus, Mine was too when I received it and I had to pull it apart to correct the focal distance.

Your lens actually looks out of focus, Mine was too when I received it and I had to pull it apart to correct the focal distance.
The focus is clear during the day, it only goes out of focus/blurry at night.
So I don't know what's wrong with it.

The focus is clear during the day, it only goes out of focus/blurry at night.
So I don't know what's wrong with it.
It might appear to be in focus but it might be less apparent. If you can post a full size screen grab of a daytime shot, I might be able to confirm if its properly in focus or not. Have you tried 30fps instead of 60 at night?

It might appear to be in focus but it might be less apparent. If you can post a full size screen grab of a daytime shot, I might be able to confirm if its properly in focus or not. Have you tried 30fps instead of 60 at night?
Thanks! I'm in Japan so you probably can't read the characters in the street, but everything looks good during the day.
Haven't tried 30fps yet, I'll try it tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_4855.JPG
    IMG_4855.JPG
    342.6 KB · Views: 20
Thanks! I'm in Japan so you probably can't read the characters in the street, but everything looks good during the day.
Haven't tried 30fps yet, I'll try it tomorrow.

I still think the lens has has not been focussed correctly at the factory looking at that. It looks ok but it can be a lot sharper. Focal point looks more up close than infinity. Your only option if you can't put up with it and don't want to send it back is to pull it apart if you know what you're doing and refocus it over wifi, its not easy and I wouldn't recommend it unless you got the skills.

I still think the lens has has not been focussed correctly at the factory looking at that. It looks ok but it can be a lot sharper. Focal point looks more up close than infinity. Your only option if you can't put up with it and don't want to send it back is to pull it apart if you know what you're doing and refocus it over wifi, its not easy and I wouldn't recommend it unless you got the skills.
Thanks for checking and I see your point. The the focus is set up close and is blurry far out.
Hmm, I don't think I can take it a part and fix it...

It's funny. All of gearbest flash sales shows $4 ea. When i click it, the price is up (for example, xaomi action cam shows $4. I clicked it. It is now $69.99). To slow on my part, i guess.

Back