Review: LUKAS LK-9370WD Dual 1080p Dashcam Wi-Fi Sony IMX322 3.5" Touch Screen and GPS

ok, just confirm something for me, this camera has a full size SD slot and a Micro SD slot, regular recordings go to the full size card, event records go to the Micro SD card, is that correct?

ok, just confirm something for me, this camera has a full size SD slot and a Micro SD slot, regular recordings go to the full size card, event records go to the Micro SD card, is that correct?
I use 64 GB Micro sdxc card with SD sleeve (Adapter) for regular recording (Always movies) and micro sd for event.

I use 64 GB Micro sdxc card with SD sleeve (Adapter) for regular recording (Always movies) and micro sd for event.

Ok, this is an issue, the controller chipset used in a Micro SD card and an SD card are not the same, using a Micro SD card in an SD adapter in a dashcam that uses a full size SD card is never recommended for any length of time, the firmware will be optmised for the controller it expects to be communicating with in a full size SD card, (realistically it's optimised for a Lukas card at that but a good quality card should be ok), the adapters are generally poor at dissipating heat as well which is another reason not to do it, particularly in the warmer months if you're in a hot climate, don't misinterpret the Micro SD card to SD card adapter that Lukas include as a sign that it's good to use in the SD slot, it's there for convenience when using card readers in a laptop, they come with the Micro SD cards for that reason

Do yourself a favor when you buy a replacement card and use a proper full size SD card as intended, I'd also suggest not using Sandisk cards, great memory cards for other applications but not a good choice for this application

It may not be the issue but it happened to me.
When I pushed the card in PC's SD slot, it was tight and pushed the locking tab down making it write protected.
Try a different USB card reader.

It may not be the issue but it happened to me.
When I pushed the card in PC's SD slot, it was tight and pushed the locking tab down making it write protected.
Try a different USB card reader.
Sure, i'll try that. Thanks.

My dash cam screen frequently turns orange. Is it death screen or can be corrected?

The connector from the PCB to the screen have been seen in some cameras to come loose, if you get to it that is what i would look for first taking it apart.

The connector from the PCB to the screen have been seen in some cameras to come loose, if you get to it that is what i would look for first taking it apart.
Thanks. I will look in youtube for a video if available for opening the unit.

Back