Reviewing footage on pc

Hi all. HDR is on I'm sure. I don't know what firmware is running. It is what it was shipped with. I can't check until the weekend because its my partners car. I will move the cam also so it's lower down ie less sky and more bonnet. The screen is clean though.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

HDR is on I'm sure. I don't know what firmware is running.
If HDR is turned on, then the halos around the lights are different, and there are no highlights, as I showed above. You may be confusing it with WDR.

Which vehicle hit you. There are two van vehicles at 1 minute 15 seconds.
The one that drifts into his lane at the 1 minute 19 second mark just before his vehicle comes to a stop after the impact. The 1 minute 15 second comment appears to be a heads-up to anticipate what is coming 4 seconds later.

The vehicle at 1 minute 19 seconds does have a unique color pattern. Gold and Blue. Plate wise, there's nothing. Best image shows what others have stated, a bright white license plate. Last image is the "clearest" image of the plate, and it's still oversaturated.

Unfortunately, best you can do is file a report with a description of the vehicle that hit yours.

1.00.jpeg
1.00.jpeg
1.02.jpeg

Attachments

• 1.01.jpeg
    1.01.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 6
I don't remember, I took a video from the forum, we have a lot of such "tasty":D
(y)It also works well on official firmware, for example, on the test V2.6T

Where can I find a link to V2.6T? I'd be interested in testing it.

I seem to recall it being mentioned in one of the threads but I was too busy to experiment with new firmware at the time.

no braking or attempt to avoid it on a wide road like that ????

sorry to highlight it but both of you are the sort of drivers that i wish i could shake up out of apathy and say pay more attention knowing i face that sort of situation on the country lanes i drive and were i not alert , fast reacting and expecting it i d be posting videos like that 2 or three times a day...

The one that drifts into his lane at the 1 minute 19 second mark just before his vehicle comes to a stop after the impact. The 1 minute 15 second comment appears to be a heads-up to anticipate what is coming 4 seconds later.
Yeah that's it ..I'm sorry I should have been more precise

Collision is about 1min 15 seconds onwards
Man I gave it my best shot but couldn’t get zip for the video.
The upside is your partner survived. I hope you have been giving your partner lots of cuddles as you almost lost your partner.

A thought perhaps monitor that section of road and see it that vehicle uses it again. The vehicle looked like a cab with a tray and sides. It may also had lights at the roof line. I also thinking I saw some text on the front under the windscreen but not legible.

Good luck.
Cheers.

Same result here. The best stock firmware was 1.03

What I was told, from a very reliable source, reading between the lines, is that 1.03, first of all, didn't have HDR but WDR ?
WDR when it was off it was off. But, HDR has a On / Off but crucially, in reality it's not On or Off but High and Low so never fully off. Hence why all versions beyond 1.03 do produce more motion blur.

I'm using the vvs mod and that seems to work better during the day for colour rendition and motion blur . He's tweaked it for night footage as well and in the main it's good, but trying to capture number plates is a non starter in the conditions as the OP on an unlit road.

Man I gave it my best shot but couldn’t get zip for the video.
The upside is your partner survived. I hope you have been giving your partner lots of cuddles as you almost lost your partner.

A thought perhaps monitor that section of road and see it that vehicle uses it again. The vehicle looked like a cab with a tray and sides. It may also had lights at the roof line. I also thinking I saw some text on the front under the windscreen but not legible.

Good luck.
Cheers.

Vehicle had blue and gold striping. Pretty sure not all that common. Yes, there also appeared to be some writing but it was illegible. Least he has the accident on video to turn over to insurance. File a police report. Give them description of vehicle. Best OP can do.

no braking or attempt to avoid it on a wide road like that ????

sorry to highlight it but both of you are the sort of drivers that i wish i could shake up out of apathy and say pay more attention knowing i face that sort of situation on the country lanes i drive and were i not alert , fast reacting and expecting it i d be posting videos like that 2 or three times a day...
Don't apologise, this is my partners first collision in 25 yrs of driving, I'm not saying she's a good driver by the way
There must be a load of apathetic drivers down your neck of the woods for this to happen to just you 2 or 3 times a day. Insurance premiums must be sky high

Same result here. The best stock firmware was 1.03

What I was told, from a very reliable source, reading between the lines, is that 1.03, first of all, didn't have HDR but WDR ?
WDR when it was off it was off. But, HDR has a On / Off but crucially, in reality it's not On or Off but High and Low so never fully off. Hence why all versions beyond 1.03 do produce more motion blur.

I'm using the vvs mod and that seems to work better during the day for colour rendition and motion blur . He's tweaked it for night footage as well and in the main it's good, but trying to capture number plates is a non starter in the conditions as the OP on an unlit road.
Will I be able to improve this cam by downloading new firmware

Try this MOD-firmware. It recognizes car license plates better at night.

Reactions: gse
Try this MOD-firmware. It recognizes car license plates better at night.
Will do thanks a lot

I think this is similar vehicle to the one that collided with my partner. Its 10 seconds into the vid
a7d182835854a81bcbaa8cd231d3c39c.jpg
013c47e3e8881e212c0425c4751b79b3.jpg

If you're happy changing then try 1.03 then vvs Mod 205. IMO they are the best so far. Then stick with the native 2560x1440 @ 30fps EV 0 HDR Off.

If you're happy changing then try 1.03 then vvs Mod 205. IMO they are the best so far. Then stick with the native 2560x1440 @ 30fps EV 0 HDR Off.
I'll probably have to just leave it as I haven't a clue on how to do it or where to find the updates unless there's a tutorial video on YouTube

Back