Reviewing the GITUP Git1

Indeed, sometimes the car chargers are a real pain, some poor quality ones make various sound (buzzing, whistling) and also can create cracking or popping noises in car radio system. Another problem could be the voltage drop if the cable is to thin and to long, so this should be also taken into consideration.
Thank you, we also know what is important for a car charger, we are sourcing now, will have results in 7 to 10 days.

Last edited:
Git1 vs Dazzne P3 (two separate videos so quality is not affected by post processing, P3 mounted above Git1):

Git1 vs SOOCOO C10 (Git1 first):

Picture comparison and dynamic range test. All the pictures taken on default settings (auto white balance, WDR off, AE:0) from the same approximate spot at the same time of day.

Git1Git1.jpg

SJ5000 WiFi
sj5000WiFi.jpg

SJ5000+
sj5000+.jpg

Was the Git1 in its waterproof case? The reflections seem a bit odd.

Was the Git1 in its waterproof case? The reflections seem a bit odd.
No, i was not using the waterproof case, the sun position / light was making a bit o glare, here is the same picture but from a slightly different angle2015_0729_201656_004.JPG

More pictures for the frame, the Hero 4 front panel becoming a little yellow now, but I only used it for testing..
frame.jpg

Attachments

• frame_1.jpg
    frame_1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 9
  • frame-2.jpg
    frame-2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 9
Frame and Car mount for Git1.
Regarding the frame: allow to use it upside down, and easy to access the port and card slot
The car mount is smaller than we see on SJ4000 or GoPro.
View attachment 16955

How soon until this is available for purchase?

I am not really interested in a charger as I already have so many and I do not use the cigarette socket anyway.

Thanks!

How soon until this is available for purchase?

I am not really interested in a charger as I already have so many and I do not use the cigarette socket anyway.

Thanks!
It will be available in 2 to 3 weeks, due to it is a totally new product, we spend much time to confirm the sample and do testing include temperature testing.

Before I think the external MIC quality is almost same, but recently I did more testing, found better MIC have better performance.
The best one is the iGomic listed below which support stereo audio, the worst is the one I bought from Taobao for a cheap price.

Also in latest FW, we support external stereo audio recording, also the sampling rate improved to 44.1KHz.
After we done more testing, will release new firmware soon.

MIC.jpg
audio.jpg

Also in latest FW, we support external stereo audio recording, also the sampling rate improved to 44.1KHz.
I've always wanted stereo as i can split the cable in two and use separate microphones for capturing two audio tracks at once.

Before I think the external MIC quality is almost same, but recently I did more testing, found better MIC have better performance.
The best one is the iGomic listed below which support stereo audio, the worst is the one I bought from Taobao for a cheap price.

View attachment 17113
View attachment 17114
How's the performance of included mic in comparison to iGomic and Taobao ones?

Hello gitup git1 pro battery size same sj4000 ?

This item ok for gitup ?

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32378039593.html

And this ?

New Standard Camera Gopro Border Frame Mount Protective Housing Case for Sport Camera Gopro Hero 3/3+/4 Accessories Free Ship

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello gitup git1 pro battery size same sj4000 ?
Thanks.
The SJ battery fits the Git1 but has lower capacity, as Git1 has 950mAh and the SJ has 900mAh. But it fits and works. The frame will also work on the Git1 as it's 100% GoPro format

How's the performance of included mic in comparison to iGomic and Taobao ones?
iGoMic > The one we sold > Taobao ones.

I will order 2 models and do comparison.

View attachment 17113
View attachment 17114
Any news on the updated firmware? I've started reviewing my Git1 as well, and just found this thread. will try that september firmware unless this new one comes out soon. screen off while charging will be nice, as that white screen is pretty bright.

the open frame bracket - the hole for the LED next to the shutter button covers up a good portion of the LED so it's very hard to see. also, the mic hole is partially covered by the case, so it sounds like it's in a can or underwater. case also covers up the wifi LED though that's not as important as the recording status LEDs. i plan to use a drill to enlarge/make the holes to fix the problem, but hopefully it's something that can be fixed by the manufacturer as well.

the wristwatch remote is neat. i like how you can quickly take a photo by holding the camera button, or start recording by holding the video button. not sure what advantage you have by turning wifi on/off via remote, but that ability is there and it works. and you can turn the camera OFF via remote, but cannot turn it back on. would be nice if the remote beeped or had a flashing light to indicate that it was actually recording. use case for this is when i have the camera mounted to the front of my car and so i can't see or hear it (especially with my helmet on while racing), so some sort of confirmation would be good. is the watch remote waterproof? it kinda looks like it would be since it's almost entirely made of rubber. i haven't taken off the back cover to see if there's an o-ring to seal it like a normal wristwatch.

oh - i tried using the finalcam app as recommended on the card in the box with the camera. it installed just fine, and my phone connected to the camera's wifi without a problem, but the finalcam app would not connect to the camera. i'm using a galaxy s3 with cyanogenmod 12.1 (android 5.1.1). had no trouble connecting to a different action cam (discovery ds200 - a rebadged soocoo novatek unit) with the soocoo/discovery app on my phone, but this one wouldn't work. so i can't really test out the wifi part yet. would love to as that would solve the issue where the camera is mounted somewhere i can't see/hear, so i can be certain it really did start recording.

one more thing - the built-in mic seems to be too sensitive. is there a way to change its gain level? when i went racing on sunday, i drove a friend's turbo miata which has a somewhat loud exhaust. with the camera on my helmet, it was overdriving the audio, even at idle, when the exhaust wasn't really that loud. it was even worse when i mounted the camera to the windshield, because it was picking up vibrations directly from the car. video quality was of course awesome (except that i forgot to go into the menu and flip the video when i mounted to the windshield) but that's minor and easily fixed in software.

@Gibson99
The new proposed frame should have more clearance.
frame-jpg.16999

The current one is like this and the SJ7000 uses similar to GoPro and similar to what Gitup is coming up with: SJ7000's frame also blocks the LED on the back though.
dsc03001-sj7000-git1-jpg.17545

Current Git1 frame doesn't block LED on the back though as shown here:
dsc03002-sj7000-git1-jpg.17546

FinalCam works great on my Galaxy Note 2 with android 4.3.

@gitup how does the remote work to turn on the wifi if wifi is turned off?

Back