Reviewing the GITUP Git1

Can someone compare Git1 and Street Guardian SG9665GC side by side (at day and night light cond.)? These cameras have same hardware but different FW and lens(but both high quality 7 lens) - I think it`s very interesting comparison can show potential for future FW updates for both cameras. Not sure which camera show better results.

Can someone compare Git1 and Street Guardian SG9665GC side by side (at day and night light cond.)? These cameras have same hardware but different FW and lens(but both high quality 7 lens) - I think it`s very interesting comparison can show potential for future FW updates for both cameras. Not sure which camera show better results.
Interesting.
Too bad I don't have SG.
Git1 is very good though so it'll be a feat to beat it, specially at night. ;)

Last edited:
i don't have sg either, but i do have a blacksys cf-100. it's got a similar (if not the same) sony sensor, but it has a TI chipset. it does pretty well at night also, but because it's a 2-channel dashcam, it has a lower bitrate, which generally means loss of fine detail. i have yet to test my git1 at night; only in a dark room and at dusk. it did very well in both situations.

I use my Git1 cam as dashcam every day (and night too) and i know image quality for night condition. But I see on youtube night video for SG and can`t understand which cam is better.

The frame is right fit for the camera but there is a push tab on one side that locks it in place.
I don't think the camera will fly away unless there is hard impact.
It easily comes out when the tab is pushed out but you have to pull very hard on the non-tab side to pull it with tabs in place so it should be safe for bicycle.
Of course, it's not as secure as the current frame that you have to unscrew to take the camera out.

Check the one on left using similar frame:
dsc03001-sj7000-git1-jpg.17545
Hello sunny,

Can you share left side frame selller ?

I cant find this on aliexpress.com or ebay :(

Hello sunny,

Can you share left side frame selller ?

I cant find this on aliexpress.com or ebay :(
That frame is not for Git1.
For Git1, you should buy GoPro 3 frame.

It's for SJ7000. It's little too big/loose for Git1 or Firefly.
http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras-sport-dv-accessories/pp_197095.html

1433888992192-P-2688314.jpg

Git1 has a bracket mount like this:
http://www.gitup.com/mounts/21-standard-frame-mount-for-git12.html
standard-frame-mount-for-git12.jpg

Ok found the one that fits Git1 at gitup site:

http://www.gitup.com/mounts/38-dashcam-frame-for-gitup.html

dashcam-frame-for-gitup.jpg

The Git1 has real 60fps at 720p. In my video editing software i constantly can find 3 different successive frames. I have attached a 3 frame picture sequence. For the ones that are more passionate about math and want to calculate i have included a video sample.

Frame "1"
frame1.JPG

Frame "2"
frame2.JPG

Frame "3"
frame3.JPG

Video with 1X, 0.5X and 0.25X speeds.

Some new driving footage taken with the Git1 in various situations.

In very low light, in the night, on the highway and in the city with street lights.

On a hazy morning "eating" asphalt on one of (the single) most scenic motorways that we have.

Sorry Ive been absent for a while, ALOT going on in life lately and no tapatalk for this forum.

BUT I DID FINALLY get the video assembled, Git1 VS C10

Got some more video I need to edit and post too. Got plenty of it recorded, just not loaded and edited (have 1 full 16g card and 32g card is half full now)

And Apologies, its processing in youtube for the first few who see this(be ready in a couple hours or less), but I wanted it posted before I went to bed.

Sorry Ive been absent for a while, ALOT going on in life lately and no tapatalk for this forum.

/QUOTE]
Welcome back, thanks for sharing the video.
You can find DCT forum on tapatalk.

Yes that it is now, must have been an app issue on my end. Couldn't find it till now. Thanks, now I can be a bit more active.

Finally we get some snow, a good occasion to see how the Git1 copes with higher contrast during low and poor lighting conditions.

Nice video, I really like how the Git1 handles low light for how I mostly use it. Havent used any of my cameras at dusk yet, always during mid day or well after dark so far lol.

We plan to adjust the volume level, it will take some time, it is not implemented in Novatek platform, we tried to do but didn't work.
Finally adjusting the volume is available on Git1, plan to release the new firmware this week.
The low, medium, high volume options works as expected.

That's great news. The Git1 has very good sound but sometimes it is too sensitive.

Back