Reviewing the GITUP Git1

A few hours (arround 3) video lapse further accelerated in video encoding taken with the Git1 of the sundown over the city from one of the tallest buildings from Bucharest.

Some other users also give us this suggestion, it is very useful, we will try to implement this in near future.

We will make an additional menu to adjust the RF button function, like short press the video button to start video recording immediately. So this will be ensure video is recorded.
If you can do this, Git1 will be the best action cam with best remote!
I am also waiting for this feeature.

May I have questions about using git1 as dash cam:
- When I use git1 with the car charger, should I take the battery out to last battery life? Will connecting the power to device with battery inside all the time kill battery?
- I see this post http://www.gitup.com/en/blog/17_Using-Git1-as-a-Dash-Cam.html with a lot of helpful information about using git1 as dashcam.
However, if I have only 1 camera and want to use it for both purpose: as dashcam when driving, and as action cam when sporting, I have to change many settings to switch between 2 modes. That would make the camera not "action" anymore. So could you add a system menu like "DashCamMode" which when it is ON, all related settings will be set automatically, ex. G-sensor, motion detection, Loop Recording, Time lapse, Autoscreen off, Audio Off, and CarModeAutoStart. Moreover, user can access menu like DashCamSettings, which collection of those settings for a quick access.

Thank you for reading!

May I have questions about using git1 as dash cam:
- When I use git1 with the car charger, should I take the battery out to last battery life? Will connecting the power to device with battery inside all the time kill battery?
- I see this post http://www.gitup.com/en/blog/17_Using-Git1-as-a-Dash-Cam.html with a lot of helpful information about using git1 as dashcam.
However, if I have only 1 camera and want to use it for both purpose: as dashcam when driving, and as action cam when sporting, I have to change many settings to switch between 2 modes. That would make the camera not "action" anymore. So could you add a system menu like "DashCamMode" which when it is ON, all related settings will be set automatically, ex. G-sensor, motion detection, Loop Recording, Time lapse, Autoscreen off, Audio Off, and CarModeAutoStart. Moreover, user can access menu like DashCamSettings, which collection of those settings for a quick access.

Thank you for reading!
We suggest you use it with battery, so it will not lose the date/time settings.
Currently there is a car dvr mode, if enabled this mode, it will start recording automatically while plug with external charger.

The features you mentioned we have thought before, like we offer some customs mode, user can switch between them, maybe we can implement this in future.

It's better to use the battery also, in event of power switch off you have delay off and avoid crashing the video file.

Delayed off is excellent for trips to the supermarket, and if the battery does only last 1 year instead of 10 it does not matter since it is very easy to swap for a new one. I would expect it to last several years for dashcam use anyway since when it has lost half it's capacity due to summer heat, it still has twice the record time of a typical dashcam battery.

I did try my Git1 with a super-capacitor in place of the battery but it didn't work, Git2 almost worked but doesn't seem to check the battery voltage often enough to be sure of shutting down soon enough.

I'll be ordering a Git1 soon for my new dash cam and rather than start a new thread, thought I'd revive this thread. I really can't stand using suction cup mounts for a dash cam and just want a 1/4"-20 threaded adhesive mount to use the frame http://www.gitup.com/en/mounts/38-dashcam-frame-for-gitup.html to hold the camera. I can't tell with the limited info on the gitup website, if this 3M adhesive mount http://www.gitup.com/en/mounts/53-suction-cup-mount-kit-for-gitup.html allows for adjustment of camera angle. I'm hoping it has a swivel ball incorporated to allow this. @gitup does this mount have a ball swivel to allow for angle adjustment? If so, I plan to get a couple to place in my 2 vehicles so I can swap the camera around quickly.

The only other question I have is what power cord to use that I can permanently place in each vehicle so all I have to swap is the camera itself.

Last edited:
I'll be ordering a Git1 soon for my new dash cam and rather than start a new thread, thought I'd revive this thread. I really can't stand using suction cup mounts for a dash cam and just want a 1/4"-20 threaded adhesive mount to use the frame http://www.gitup.com/en/mounts/38-dashcam-frame-for-gitup.html to hold the camera. I can't tell with the limited info on the gitup website, if this 3M adhesive mount http://www.gitup.com/en/mounts/53-suction-cup-mount-kit-for-gitup.html allows for adjustment of camera angle. I'm hoping it has a swivel ball incorporated to allow this. @gitup does this mount have a ball swivel to allow for angle adjustment? If so, I plan to get a couple to place in my 2 vehicles so I can swap the camera around quickly.

The only other question I have is what power cord to use that I can permanently place in each vehicle so all I have to swap is the camera itself.
Yes, it has a ball joint so you can get any angle on a normal car windscreen. If you have an unusually steep windscreen angle then you may need to add a wedge under it as the adjustment is a bit limited due to the compactness, and it is no good for vertical windows.

I have used that mount with my Git1, normally it has the Git2. It is a nice mount and gives just enough room for fitting a CPL if you need one.

For the power, remember it is mini USB not micro USB. Just about any adaptor or hardwire kit will work but it's probably not sensible to get the very cheapest if you want it to last. It only needs 1 amp, anything higher is fine.

you can probably use a regular mini-usb dashcam hardwire kit. just make sure it supplies at least one amp. something like this should be fine.

Yes, it has a ball joint so you can get any angle on a normal car windscreen. If you have an unusually steep windscreen angle then you may need to add a wedge under it as the adjustment is a bit limited due to the compactness, and it is no good for vertical windows.

I have used that mount with my Git1, normally it has the Git2. It is a nice mount and gives just enough room for fitting a CPL if you need one.

For the power, remember it is mini USB not micro USB. Just about any adaptor or hardwire kit will work but it's probably not sensible to get the very cheapest if you want it to last. It only needs 1 amp, anything higher is fine.
Thanks for the info, guys! Can't wait to upgrade from my cheap, junky, almost 5 year old dash cam.

"It's time to be CORRECT, NOT politically correct."

-The Truth

Back