Rexing V1P no longer powers on

cableghost

Reaction score
Country
United States
My V1P will no longer power on. I have also tried from a different power source, so it's not the wiring. Outside of purchasing a new dashcam, is there any one solution to this typically?

Welcome to DCT @cableghost :)

What power source did you use for testing? Generally a wall-type phone charger or a fully charged powerbank is best for this- laptops and USB ports in the car may not supply the needed amperage.

If that doesn't make it work, there should be a 'reset' hole on the cam; straighten the end of a small paperclip, put it in the hole and press inward gently- you should feel the hidden button in there move and maybe 'click'. Hold if for about 5 seconds then release. You may need to hit the power button on the cam to get it going after that. If still nothing then try starting the cam without a card- that should at least bring up the start screen. If not the cam is probably dead.

Phil

Thanks Phil. Tested in usb ports and adapters in the home... no power. Rest doesn't work, though I think I would need power for that to work. I'm thinking its dead too, though wondering its something 'usually' like a dead battery, blown board, etc... something I could fix.

Last edited:
I can't recall if the V1P uses a LiPo battery or supercaps to save the last file, but either can be replaced with some soldering. AliExpress is a good source for LiPo batteries (slow shipping though) and the usual electronics suppliers should have the super-caps. But still might not be the fix you need. If the cam is more than a couple years old I'd recommend something newer, several good 2K cams at that price level and a couple good 4K cams for just a little more.

Rexing is better than they were a couple years ago with QC, build quality, and customer service but I'd still rate those as somewhat marginal today. They're not bad cams but they're not really good ones either.

Phil

Back