Running 24/7

In my country, they even steal rearview mirror special expensive cars like lexus, camry, mec.... Then thief sells it in the market, then car owner has to pay to buy his own mirrors.
And alot of rich people willing pay a big money, just to see faces of mirror' thief ::p So much hatred in here. :rolleyes:;)
There is lot of funny things, you can find in my country :D
Yeah, if it's not nailed down or glued down, it's free. It's only stealing if you are caught. That's good old VN.

Some of pic for you easily imagine :D
1-1367561626_500x0.jpg

trom-guong-oto.PNG

And here is the result:
2cebfdae7a8ea5d691033c085990a9d4_XL.jpg

12184167-850568815061421-57448-8187-5695-1447298073.jpg

20160222154612-guong-2.JPG

My rich uncle in VN has his driver park their Bently in a garage/seperate hose with locked doors and 3-4 dogs roaming the premise all day. That is their alarm. However, when the car is out in the road. It is open target for all form of thievery.

Yeah, in my country, the richs is super rich and the poors is extremly poor :) that's why they do that. In the street, we can see even phantom, mclaren, belley....all of best, expensive model cars in the world. And there is a lot of people is working so hard to not starving.
bentley-1353988766_500x0.jpg

10157144_529414133844929_684524849149427_2ipl7g1ciqp0q.jpg

buc-anh-hai-em-be-ngu-tren-nen-dat-lay-dong-cu-dan-mang-ngay-khai-truong.jpg

I wouldn't run any camera 24/7
I know that humans need a sleep every day or things soon go very wrong with the operation, but what is it about cameras that means they need a sleep?

I know of lots of security cameras that are on 24/7 and have been for many years and I have lots of electronic things that are on 24/7, for example my watch, alarm clock, car alarm, smart phone etc. The electricity meters being installed by our power companies are designed for a 60 year lifespan with them being on 24/7 with the occasional temporary power loss.

Our dashcams do not have any mechanical parts to wear out so what is the difference to other electronic devices that are happy to run 24/7?

Just started up my 10 year old Olympus camera, yes it works fine, and the batteries seem to be charging OK, although that does not do 24/7.

My side of the family live in the farm. They struggle everyday for food. We send money back there every chance we get. But those who received funding must show how they would improve their lives and lives of other. When they Don't show it, the funding stop. We must help those who help themsleves and pay it forward. (Imo)

security camera are designed with that use in mind, perhaps for the pedantic I should have specified I wouldn't run any dashcam 24/7, they're used in an environment that places them above stable working temps for way too long and far too often if running when the car is parked, it's hard on memory cards, hard on car batteries etc and what you potentially get out of running a camera 24/7 just isn't worth what you get in return, things don't need to have moving parts to wear out, they also wear out faster when operating at excessive temps

Our dashcams do not have any mechanical parts to wear out so what is the difference to other electronic devices that are happy to run 24/7?
I think so too. I think the problem is the heat. The diffirent between dashcam and the other is hot enviroment. If a dashcam can auto turn off when outside temperature is above: example: 60 oC. It will be awsome :)

I think so too. I think the problem is the heat. The diffirent between dashcam and the other is hot enviroment. If a dashcam can auto turn off when temperature outside is above: example: 60 oC. It will be awsome :)

I have cameras on the bench that have run continuously for months, I would not do that in a vehicle though

Thancam,I think there may be an opportunity for a business doing laser etching or somehow marking mirrors or other car parts than can be stolen?

I wonder if you could do it prominently enough the thieves would see it, and not steal them, but it wouldn't look so bad or distract from the value of the car?

Thancam,I think there may be an opportunity for a business doing laser etching or somehow marking mirrors or other car parts than can be stolen?

I wonder if you could do it prominently enough the thieves would see it, and not steal them, but it wouldn't look so bad or distract from the value of the car?
You just see the busisess in previously post. They call: mirror cage :D
Normaly, they sell cage just like this:
tmf1455778371.jpg

But it only delay thief sometime. Therefor, there will be ludicrous pic like this:
20160217143237-5.JPG

with this mirror, there will be no - one stole this mirrors :D
6782-1156460261031468-54006686-4513-9028-1456281617.jpg

or when he has to park long time outside :D
14_2.JPG

another way :D
oto1.jpg

Nothing is guaranteed if he park outside too long. This is a good exmple. :D
And sometime, when the owner don't want to rebuy his owner mirror: (or he don't have time):
17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

Hand mirror is a nice solution since they are cheap to replace :D also, lose the tires and save the mirrors, nice! :p:p

you can google: "bảo vệ gương chiếu hậu" with imagine search:)

i have ran the pano x2 24/7 since i purchased it at its launch, what , a couple years ago now?

still works fine. cards still record. footage is easily downloaded.

Save for the less than perfect exposure on the thing, it has not given me any issues.

Back