Running 24/7

thancam

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Dash Cam
too many
I don't know about design dashcam then I have a question. Are all model of dashcam designed to run nonstop 24 hours and 7 days ? If not, what model can do that ? Thanks for your reading.
I plant to use hardwire kit to made my mini 0826 run 24/24. Is this possible ? Is my 0826 can last 1 year ? or 2 years ?

Niko has advised that it's good to let them have a break due to stress on components but if you do then I'd probably advise only running at 1080p as the 0826 does get hot at higher resolutions.

Thank you. If the reason is temparature, then I will do some test.
I think if a dashcam can run 24 hours at 50 oC so it can nonstop run in a year. Is that right ?

I don't know enough about them to know if a cams maximum running temperature is for short or sustained periods to be honest. I'm sure there'll be an optimal running temperature though.

As Niko told me there's also the stress or perhaps lifespan of the constant rewrites to the memory card to consider.

Battery is gonna take a beating for sure. Memory card will also need to be replaced every few months. I'd have a secondary dashcam just in case.

Viet Nam? I'd sure want a capacitor based cam. I've run a mobius with capacitor 24/7 for months on end, but in a large truck which probably doesn't have the sun problems most cars do. (More vertical windshield)

Viet Nam? I'd sure want a capacitor based cam. I've run a mobius with capacitor 24/7 for months on end, but in a large truck which probably doesn't have the sun problems most cars do. (More vertical windshield)
yes, I am from Vietnam. Thank you for the post. :D

If you turn on motion detection (with prebuffer) the SGZC12SG, SGZC12SS, SGZC12RC have proven they will last in parking mode. The full size SD card is more robust as well.

Last edited:
If you turn on motion detection (with prebuffer) the SGZC12SG and SGZC12SG have proven they will last in parking mode. The full size SD card is more robust as well.
I am find a solution which lower than 150$ when selling to customer :D I think mobius will be just fine :D

lets see. i was one of the first pano x2 owners (when did that come out?)

that unit has ran 24/7 everyday since i installed it.

vehicle battery will indeed be taxed. i have an odyssey battery (best in the USA) and use two jump boxes.

the jump box uses a cord from company SOLAR that has a obd port on one end and a cigar port on the other. i connect this to the jump box and obd port when the vehicle is off. the jump box supplies power to the system through the obd port which keeps the battery topped off.

i have used the same sandisk 128gb cards that everyone (even the dev of the pano x2) have bashed as not being quality, etc since day one and i have not had any issues with this system.

one thing i have changed over this time was to shut off the screen when the vehicle is parked. screen on consumes a lot of battery power.

but other that that, this unit runs 24/7. i have 64gb sandisk cards i swap out to view footage on the 128s so recording time is not interrupted.

i can say the pano x2 has been solid and a quality unit. i look forward to the next version...

this is my experience. as usual YMMV...

If you turn on motion detection (with prebuffer) the SGZC12SG and SGZC12SG have proven they will last in parking mode. The full size SD card is more robust as well.
How is about SG9665GC ? is it last in 24/7 mode ?

I wouldn't run any camera 24/7
In my country, they even steal rearview mirror special expensive cars like lexus, camry, mec.... Then thief sells it in the market, then car owner has to pay to buy his own mirrors.
And alot of rich people willing pay a big money, just to see faces of mirror' thief ::p So much hatred in here. :rolleyes:;)
There is lot of funny things, you can find in my country :D

Tomorrow, I will take a pic of rearview mirror cage and post it in funny pic. =)) they even invent something like that in protect their rearview mirror =))

I've now set all my battery protects to cut off at 6 hours so the cameras and cards get a break each night. I'll never be in a shopping car park for that long and don't really need recording overnight.

Back