Several iTronics itb100HD eBay Dealers disapeared of eBay

iKnowDJTim

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm really upset because I was about to pull the trigger on an itb100hd from CT-Apple and today I noticed they were no longer on ebay...

Re: Several iTronics itb100HD eBay Dealers disapeared of eBa

Yeah I realized this just now when I went to go check my shipping status. It's no longer available.
The ebay message said that if I already paid, then I should wait 10 days after the estimated shipping date to see if the item arrives.
Mine was supposedly shipped on Dec. 27 but still not here yet. (not sure how long it took everyone else in the U.S.). Sorry for stealing your thread.

Apple-CT didn't dsappeared from ebay:
http://stores.ebay.com/applectstore
It is not selling now the ITB-100HD, but selling other cameras.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks like itronics scared the sellers or something because there are very few itronics products to be found on ebay now.

Wow, looks like I just barely made it! I ordered an ITB-100HD from apple-ct on January 8 and am currently tracking the package on Korea Post. Let's hope the unit is actually in the package when it arrives.

For tracking, I went to:

https://www.aftership.com/track

and entered my Korea Post tracking number, and the fact that the package was in fact coming via Korea Post.

erewhon said:
Wow, looks like I just barely made it! I ordered an ITB-100HD from apple-ct on January 8 and am currently tracking the package on Korea Post. Let's hope the unit is actually in the package when it arrives.

For tracking, I went to:

https://www.aftership.com/track

and entered my Korea Post tracking number, and the fact that the package was in fact coming via Korea Post.

Thanks for the link.
Though I feel like my package is stuck somewhere, no update since Dec. 29.

It's not unusual for purchases to get stuck at customs for a week or so. I wouldn't be too concerned yet.

That is really disappointing. The same thing happened with the BlackVue cameras. They used to sell for under $200 on eBay. Pittasoft found out which dealers were supplying the eBay vendors and clamped down on them. I'm sure Itronics did the same.

The reason for this comes down to greedy authorized dealers. This is what I think happens:

1) Authorized dealers buy a camera like the ITB-100HD or DR400G-HD for lets say $150.
2) They are super greedy and decide to mark it up to $300 or more
3) eBay sellers realize there is an opportunity to make money so they buy the cameras at cost for $150 in Korea, mark it up a bit and sell it for $180 including shipping
4) Greedy authorized dealers freak out since they are losing potential sales to these eBay vendors
5) Greedy authorized dealers complain to the manufacturer that they can't compete in this environment
6) Manufacturer purchases a camera from an eBay vendor and tracks the serial number to see where it came from
7) Manufacturer stops supplying the distributor that sells to eBay vendors

I think the Korean manufacturers are making a big mistake in catering to the greed of the authorized dealers instead of consumers. Really there is no need to line the pockets of a middleman authorized dealer.

I'm sure one of these companies will be smart and allow a Korean dealer to sell directly to consumers for a reasonable price on eBay or other site rather than having to buy from these dealers. Make it an authorized channel and offer a warranty. I think sales would be great.

Unfortunately, I don't make those decisions but at over $250, the Itronics ITB-100HD is NOT a good buy anymore.

Yes, also I consider the real value for the ITB 100HD is between $150-$170. Don't forget the cost is smaller also because of no display. If a chinese company could made this camera at the same quality it can sell it for less $100 which is more realistic.

Yeah.... I had just won a counteroffer battle with "Bestservice4U" Would've gotten the iTronics itb100hd and UPC plus EMS shipping for $225. I complained and he gave me an email address to contact. When I told him I refuse to buy anywhere but ebay he claimed ebay will not allow the itronics product up there.... I seriously hope that was just an exaggeration.

I was lucky, ordered a ITB-500HD just a few days ago from Apple-CT. It's at inbound customs now, so hopefully I will get it in a day or two. Itronics really need to setup some North American resellers.

Mtz said:
Apple-CT didn't dsappeared from ebay:
http://stores.ebay.com/applectstore
It is not selling now the ITB-100HD, but selling other cameras.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, now disappeared also the thebestservice4you ITB 100-HD item from the store. Is still available to some seller for $270 if you search on ebay for itronics. But if you search for itb100 you can still find a seller for $190 and free 16GB card and I consider it is a good offer.

I don't understand why some South Korea companies have such strange selling strategies to block selling a product. On the ITB-250HD product they blocked it by making only korean software and manual.
Itronics hunted the ebay sellers and put some pressure on them using the ebay site.

enjoy,
Mtz

WOW, I feel lucky now that I ordered an ITB 100HD from Apple-CT on Jan 1! I had been researching dash cams for a good month or so and this forum helped me decide on that model. Would have been really ticked to go to Ebay and find them gone!!

Hope the situation gets resolved, whatever it is...

-Michael

Thankfully I ordered mine with ems on Jan 7 and it arrived yesterday. I was a little nervous when the eBay listing disappeared. I bought it from bestservice4you. What a bummer, I was considering a second one.

Sorry double post.

I bought this item from eBay two days ago. Seller is listed as unauthorized resellers. Should I cancel my order and request refund from ebay and paypal? Is it really counterfeit, fake, forged item?

Nobody can decide instead of you.
But until now nobody had problems with Itronics ordered from ebay, no matter the seller.
toddler08 is some reseller or itronics employer which came here to scary some forum users. But he came too late because many of us have now Itronics products bought at the real and correct price under $200.

enjoy,
Mtz

Just to let you guys know, you can still purchase these camera from:
" thebestservice4you."

Just send them an email indicating that you are interested in buying it.
Good to go afterward,.

Hi elninom,

As hundreds of people can attest to, the products are real not fake. toddler08 appears to be the authorized reseller of Itronics products in Singapore, which explains his posts.

Hi thirdmolars1996,

Thanks for the info. I would have preferred that it was on sale on a legitimate site to minimize risk but this can be an option for some people who are still interested.

Back