SG9663DC beta firmware

Wow.. I could swear that I have seen the logo in my unit before. Took the car for a 4 min drive and still nothing. Faulty GPS or cable? I remember used to take only 1 minute to catch signal
Make sure you have the GPS cable inserted all the way. You would not be the first person to miss on that (speaking from experience).

Wow.. I could swear that I have seen the logo in my unit before. Took the car for a 4 min drive and still nothing. Faulty GPS or cable? I remember used to take only 1 minute to catch signal
if the GPS is detected but there's no signal there will be a red icon, if there is no icon it isn't being detected, unplug and replug the GPS to check if that changes, also check the plug where the short extension cable connects to the GPS

Not seating GPS plug properly or inserting into the wrong jack ( where that's a option ) are something we have often seen.
The antenna can also be broken but it is rare, i had one that took a "long" time connecting, and then another user on here had a broken one a while back.

Make sure you have the GPS cable inserted all the way. You would not be the first person to miss on that (speaking from experience).

Right :eek:.. You can count me in as well.. red symbol appeared. But I had pushed it in all the way. Couple of times I took it out and put it back.. 2 times the red symbol never came. so maybe cable or port is bit iffy? Maybe it happened since last time i took out the camera for footage. Will keep an eye on it

Thanks guys!!

On that note, is there a way to see / transfer footage on iPhone without need to take out the SD card and onto a laptop?

Right :eek:.. You can count me in as well.. red symbol appeared. But I had pushed it in all the way. Couple of times I took it out and put it back.. 2 times the red symbol never came. so maybe cable or port is bit iffy? Maybe it happened since last time i took out the camera for footage. Will keep an eye on it

Thanks guys!!

On that note, is there a way to see / transfer footage on iPhone without need to take out the SD card and onto a laptop?
app is due soon, we have it ready but just need to go through the Apple process before they make it available on the app store

The cameras with wifi will get a APP for android and IOS, but transfer speeds are slow with current cameras, but for grabbing a single file now and then it can work.
But the APPs are not there yet, but should be soon as i understand it.

The cameras with wifi will get a APP for android and IOS, but transfer speeds are slow with current cameras, but for grabbing a single file now and then it can work.
But the APPs are not there yet, but should be soon as i understand it.
yeah for the occasional file it's ok, copying multiple files is still easier with a card reader

Hello Street Guardian,
I purchased both my sg9663dc's in March 2018 (directly from you with order #2401). I have having a bit of trouble with one of them "locking up" from time to time (i.e. screen will be blank, the red LED will be blinking slowly, but will not respond to any keypress with the ignition is on {I am using the "SGDCHW 3-Wire Hard Wire Kit}). If I unplug the unit, and wait a bit until the LED stops flashing, re-insert the plug, the unit will reboot and work normally for a while (sometimes over night, sometime for days and other times less than 8 hours). I'm currently running firmware 1.37 I think, but my wife's unit (running the same firmware) doesn't appear to have any issues and is working fabulously.

Should I upgrade the firmware to the latest or do I need warrantee service?

Thank you!

If you have 2 you can try swapping memory cards and power supplies. (Swap cams between vehicles) See if the problem follows the camera or not.

I’d update firmware to 1.46

Format card in cam afterwards.

Last edited:
It would be easier for me to move the camera to the other car as the wiring harness was professionally installed and all tucked away nice.
I will move the cameras between the cars (i.e. the the memory card and power supply will stay in the same car) and will upgrade both units with 1.46 (and format the cards with the camera as upgrade instructions specify).
Thank you for the assistance! I'll get back to you shortly!

If you have 2 you can try swapping memory cards and power supplies. See if the problem follows the camera or not.

I’d update firmware to 1.46

Format card in cam afterwards.

Swap just the cards first and then go on to swapping the cameras.

if you have one that is locking up randomly make sure to format the memory card, what cards are you using?

if you have one that is locking up randomly make sure to format the memory card, what cards are you using?
I'm in the process of formatting the card now with the "SD card formatter" program (Man is it slooooooow! <grin>). It's a Samsung 256GB card that came with the camera.

I'm in the process of formatting the card now with the "SD card formatter" program (Man is it slooooooow! <grin>). It's a Samsung 256GB card that came with the camera.
If you think that's slow try it with a 512GB card where the write speed is about 1/40th of what the specification calls for. :banghead:

Fortunately you can do other stuff on the PC meanwhile, but yeah if you are in a hurry you do not want to engage with programs like SD formatter or H2testw if you have a large memory card.
I pity the ( i assume mostly ) young folks having to do this on their phone, as that's often all people have today, my niece do have a cromebook, but she barely use it, my little sister do have a laptop but its like a dualcore AMD semperon or something, so very slow.
I am sure if i was young today i would be one of the phone guys too and not have a computer at home, and i would ruing my eyes by looking so much on those little screens, so when i reach the age i have now instead of needing reading glasses i would be blind or something.

I too fall into the "oldie but goodie" group. I do have and use a smart phone, but I find about 80% of what I do much easier on a laptop/desktop.

Update: I have reformatted the memory card with the SD program. I have also "tested" the card after reformatting with the "h2testw" program and everything appears to be "kosher." I have been noticing that my camera was "beeping" randomly quite often (in addition to the "lockups"). After reading, I found that those beeps were probably memory card issues. Maybe with this, I've solved 2 issues at once (more likely my only issue was with the format of the memory card <grin>)! Only time will tell.

Thank you everyone for the assistance! Street Guardian support = A+++++!

Back