SG9663DC beta firmware

Slightly off-topic - my rear camera fell off today, does anyone have any recommendations for a new adhesive?

I had the same problem with the rear camera falling off the plastic trim on my hatch. Did not attach to glass because tinted windows. Best mounting tape I found was Gorilla Heavy Duty Mounting Tape. 3M does not hold up. Hasn't fallen off since.

The included 3M VHB adhesive is only for smooth glass. If you are mounting to a non-standard surface such as the rippled plastic trim you’ll need to use alternative outdoor strength stuff.
694805ac2773eda6daecc74d8e9fba85.jpg

Yeah that 30lbs rated stuff is a bit stronger than the 15lbs one. Either one is fine I’m sure for special diy non-glass mount applications.

404479593fa097680c0eec05e936c85c.jpg

the dual lock tape is good for plastic surfaces also, may only be available in white though at the moment I think

the dual lock tape is good for plastic surfaces also, may only be available in white though at the moment I think
It does hold well on plastic but unfortunately it's rather stiff and doesn't conform to textured surfaces. Results in it only attaching to the 'high points' of the texture and that reduces the bonding strength significantly.

None of the 3M products last on plastic trim in the summer. I tried a few of them including outdoor and dual lock. The Gorilla tape has been holding for 2+ years now.

None of the 3M products last on plastic trim in the summer. I tried a few of them including outdoor and dual lock. The Gorilla tape has been holding for 2+ years now.
I have to disagree with that. The 3M Scotch VHB I linked to above has been very firmly attached to the plastic sensor cover since I got my car in March. Early this week I wanted to move the camera since it was a bit off center (OK, I'm a bit OCD about that ;) ) and it took considerable time and effort to get the mounting plate off so I could move it. I've used the same tape for the same type of installation in previous vehicles for the past 3 or 4 years and never had a failure. I play golf regularly so it's common for my vehicles to sit in an asphalt parking lot for hours on hours in direct sunlight during the heat of the day - no failures. We travel a lot and the vehicles sit out in the elements for days/weeks at a time - again, no failures.

Bottom line - the 3M VHB does hold on plastic trim during the summer.

I think it might also change with the plastics of the car, the innovv C3 i have used for a few years as my R side camera, well it was put in place on the very curved plastic on the rear of the B pillar, and using the pads that came with the camera.
And while the foot of the remote camera mounting bracket was pretty small, the due to mounting on the very curved plastic only something like 1/3 of the surface of the sticky pad was in play.
And it have never come loose, even though it have been bumped quite a few times by people getting in and out of my car.

So if you mount on car plastic trim, go ahead and use the supplied pads for starters, just be aware that it might fall off some day and you will then have to try another solution ( M3 tape ) to hold whatever in place.

Have probably done something wrong.. upgraded to latest beta and reset settings.. I don't think parking mode is working. chose 2 and 3 wire system and tried (got the SG kit).. Which settings I should check?

Also how do we connect to the camera via the iOS app? Any guide?

Back