SG9663DC beta firmware

Have updated the first post with a new test build we've been trying internally for the past few days, if anyone wants to try it please make sure to set the power input to 2 wire or 3 wire according to your setup

any feedback appreciated
Does that mean there's a new menu setting?

Have updated the first post with a new test build we've been trying internally for the past few days, if anyone wants to try it please make sure to set the power input to 2 wire or 3 wire according to your setup

any feedback appreciated
Awesome! I will give it a try when I get home :)

we're still fine tuning a few things for the parking mode cable but any feedback is still helpful

we're still fine tuning a few things for the parking mode cable but any feedback is still helpful
Will update to the new FW and let you know. I've just come back from holiday so haven't been able to check the operation of it for the last couple of weeks.

My neighbour had his car broken into last night so it would've been good had I left my cameras on :(

I just installed it. Fist time I tried parking mode, it would not go into parking mode. I rebooted the camera, it went in parking mode, however, did turn off after some time, so I decided to restart everything so unplugged the fuses and plugged them back in, format the card, and so far it did stay in parking mode. I went out an hour or two later and saw it was off along with the red light in the HW kit, however, I had it set to 12.2 instead of 12.0, so I am not sure if the voltage cutoff is what powered it off. I set it to 12.0 and will see what happens when I do park the car somewhere.

One thing I notice when I unplug everything the time and date reset on the camera. Not too sure if that's a bug or not?

Set a lower voltage setting, turning off would have been voltage related, work through one step at a time and we'll work it out

Set a lower voltage setting, turning off would have been voltage related, work through one step at a time and we'll work it out
I think this has been asked when discussing older SG cameras, but can you not add some sort of logging function to aid troubleshooting?
I don't know if the voltage info ever gets passed to the camera itself, but it would be great to log certain events such as the date and time the camera switches mode, the voltage when that happens and when it turns on and off etc.
Is this possible?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qaxpqaqr8h7jy6b/FWSG9663DC_180827_V1.34T.zip/file

No change log as this is a test build, needs testing by both 2 and 3 wire power supply users, note new menu setting Power Input, default is 2 wire, this will need to be changed to 3 wire for those with the 3 wire power supply

Will leave the link to the prior public release V1.32 below should you wish to roll back

Note that using beta firmware will NOT void your warranty, links to previous release versions are included in the notes should you want to roll back

http://www.mediafire.com/file/amkr4moe49ictav/FWSG9663DC_180726_V1.32.zip/file
need notification to when this updated, will posting this just generate auto notification ? is there a mailing list ?

You can subscribe to this thread for notifications, not sure how reliable that is though, release version notification will be sent to users that have registered for the extended warranty

Hello.
I updated today to the latest firmware. I had 1.16 or 1.19 i think. I see a lot of new options. Where can i read about what they means? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

download the user manual from our website, everything is there except for the power input menu as mentioned above

Are there (or should there be) any functional changes when using non-parking mode (2 wire)? I don't mind installing the test version but it would be nice to know what areas might have been affected.

Are there (or should there be) any functional changes when using non-parking mode (2 wire)? I don't mind installing the test version but it would be nice to know what areas might have been affected.

2 wire shouldn't be affected but of course we also need testers that have the 2 wire power input to test to make sure it's ok as well

I just got a new version this morning which we need to test internally first before we release it, all goes well that will be available in a few days time

I just got a new version this morning which we need to test internally first before we release it, all goes well that will be available in a few days time
OK. As soon as the stable test version ( :eek: ) is available I'll start using it.

It will probably go down best with a cold Carlton Draught :giggle:

Just installed 1.34T. Is it my imagination, or does the switch from driving to parking mode noticeably happen noticeably later than < 1.32?

Just installed 1.34T. Is it my imagination, or does the switch from driving to parking mode noticeably happen noticeably later than < 1.32?

it's not your imagination, there is a delay (either way) between switching modes which is intentional

Back