SG9663DC beta firmware

it's not your imagination, there is a delay (either way) between switching modes which is intentional
OK. Nice to know I'm not going crazy. Because I thought I had put the cables from the fuses back in the wrong one into the HW kit and started swapping them over and back a few times lol

Just checked my footage from today running 1.34T.
Parking mode started at 9:12:01am and ended 12:50:49pm with no switching in between. All complete files are showing around the 147mb mark so I'm assuming parking mode worked as expected during this time frame. I'm not bored enough to watch it all the way through lol!

Sorry I can't confirm any longer period of time, but my wife only works in the mornings so that's when it'll be sitting parked up the longest.

it's all about the changes from normal to parking mode
OK cool. I would like the switch to happen a bit quicker. If I think how quickly I turn ignition off and leave the car, I've found myself hesitating a few extra seconds waiting for the beep that it's switched to parking mode. Of course once FW is stable enough I'd like to think I can rely on it, but you just never know when something might stop working....

I find present start delay just about right. Gives me time to lock seat belt, put phone to magnet holder, check mirrors etc.
I think it's all about driving (starting) habits.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

I am well under way using 15 second delay, also putting phone in slide in dock for charging ( only charge phone in car use it so little at home are not needed )
And no need to check mirrors they are where i left them.
I think i am going back to the fastest boot time, just tried 15 as i was suffering from a little perils with a test memory card.

Note that the new beta posted today 1.33 is newer than the 1.34T that some people received earlier. (Even though version number is Lower)

always look at the date of the firmware as an indicator, the T versions are only test builds and not the regular compiled version

Ran into an issue with the parking mode today. Using the hardwire kit, have the 3-wire in settings. Parking mode set to 5 fps, 12 hour recording. This did not happen the other day, I have no idea why it happens.

Upon returning to my car after five hours, the REC light was constantly on, and starting the car would not start the camera in normal mode. Had to power it down by holding the power button. Upon review of footage, it recorded for 1.5 hours before it stopped. Footage also seemed to be shorter compared to usual (1:30 vs 2:00)

Ran into an issue with the parking mode today. Using the hardwire kit, have the 3-wire in settings. Parking mode set to 5 fps, 12 hour recording. This did not happen the other day, I have no idea why it happens.

Upon returning to my car after five hours, the REC light was constantly on, and starting the car would not start the camera in normal mode. Had to power it down by holding the power button. Upon review of footage, it recorded for 1.5 hours before it stopped.

possibly a memory error, what card are you using?

Upon returning to my car after five hours, the REC light was constantly on, and starting the car would not start the camera in normal mode. Had to power it down by holding the power button. Upon review of footage, it recorded for 1.5 hours before it stopped. Footage also seemed to be shorter compared to usual (1:30 vs 2:00)

Is this the one you had the reflective heat shield up around with the camera between glass & sheild? (Those will create oven-like temps around the camera)

Is this the one you had the reflective heat shield up around with the camera between glass & sheild? (Those will create oven-like temps around the camera)
That was from yesterday. The incident today was inside a multi-level parking lot, away from the sun, and without a heat shield.

I am using the 64GB Samsung EVO card that came with the camera.

glitch on the card maybe, it can be reset by doing a full overwrite erase using SD formatter on the PC, will be prompted to format again when you put it back in the camera, that should sort any card anomalies

if it still has issues after that though please let us know in case further troubleshooting is required

glitch on the card maybe, it can be reset by doing a full overwrite erase using SD formatter on the PC, will be prompted to format again when you put it back in the camera, that should sort any card anomalies

if it still has issues after that though please let us know in case further troubleshooting is required

It worked fine for a couple of days in parking mode after a full overwrite of the SD card, but it seems as if it's back to it again today. Will try again and see if there's a pattern.

It worked fine for a couple of days in parking mode after a full overwrite of the SD card, but it seems as if it's back to it again today. Will try again and see if there's a pattern.

did you do the full overwrite erase of the card in your PC?

Back