SG9663DC beta firmware

Hello all, nice and fast feedback here :)

What camera did you have before ?
I have taken a look at a few of the videos and to me they dont look out of focus, but if you come from a camera like a did before with high in camera sharpening ( lukas ) then going to a camera that dont use sharpening and so have a softer image do take some getting used to.
My old camera it was VIOFO A119S GPS with Sony IMX291 and this is my previous reference for me.

Hello, I see you're in Romania
@niko handles Street Guardian sales/support in the EU/EEA and can take care of you if there is an issue that needs to be taken care of.
If they are untouched why are they .MKV?
The video data it was truncated from beginning or the end no other post processing job is done. There are and some "MP4" files original.

@wolfyDrg if you purchased it from Street Guardian in Romania just contact them for follow up, if there is an issue they will handle it for you
Thanks for advice, but I want to know if is an issue or not, the support here in Romania is great and I know that will be fixed if is some problem with the camera.

I will be able to download and view on PC tomorrow.
Thanks, today I will add other videos following your recommendations.

It is very hard to judge video that are made in cloudy or dark weather and bypassing trees/shadows.
To do a proper focus test:
1. do it in nice sunny weather
2. find the place (building) with horizontal and vertical reference lines, an ideal is the brick-wall building.
3. Park your car opposite that building and record video.

... something like the sample below.
I will do this today.

That's a good area to test.
If there is a focus problem, it won't be related to firmware/beta firmware though. Street Guardian Romania will help out if needed. (open a ticket)
http://streetguardian.ro/Street-Guardian-firmware-manuale-suport
For the moment I will wait to understand if is an issue or not.

I haven't seen the samples yet as I have been away from a computer, not the type of thing that could be judged on mobile, by the sounds of the comments from the other guys the samples may not be ideal for judging anyway, one way or the other if there is an issue it will get sorted

what is the serial number of your camera, did you do the online warranty registration ?

The serial number is : DC-1738X3X1 (replace X with zero). Is registered for online warranty, also i have on local seller warranty.
I have done a second running test in sunny condition and looking better. I think is sharp enough. So no problem.
I uploaded under same location in folder "2ndTestDay" https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lZJunL2zVFhUnSPfEOIYdsTF2bWwa-7h

If you look at "sharpOk_2018_0520_112451_053A.MP4" for focus & shapening , it's not bad at all. Maybe in fast moving and little light is lack a little bit of clarity. But I think that is normal.

Thanks, I'll have a look at the files when I get a chance to access from the computer, if there's any issues though we'll make sure you get looked after

Finally got round to loading the latest FW. Haven't checked the footage yet, but I can tell you that the inconsistent start up times I was experiencing previously now seem to have disappeared. 5 seconds is 5 seconds nowadays!

Good to know.

Sam's Club sells SanDisk cards on the cheap, but I don't know whether they have the "A1" cards yet. I'll check Saturday morning when I go if I remember.

Richard

I forgot to check last week because it was their annual sale and I had a shopping list. But I did check this past Friday and found that the Sandisk cards at "my" Sam's Club (Kingston, New York, USA) are in fact the A1 stamped cards. I picked up a 128GB for $29.88, which is a pretty good deal.

I can't vouch for the ones they sell online. The picture doesn't show the "A1," but they could have just not updated the picture.

Richard

first post updated with latest beta
Can you elaborate a bit on the specifics of these? Thanks...

02. Change - File structure for player software
03. Change - Data connection properties

Can you elaborate a bit on the specifics of these? Thanks...

02. Change - File structure for player software
03. Change - Data connection properties

change we have made to suit playback software

change we made when a power cable that has a data connection is present

Plan on getting my rear camera & parking mode hooked up this week.

Can someone walk me thru updating my firmware so that it works. I get that i need to click the link and download but how do i get that on to the dashcam?

Eject the microSD (memory) card from the camera

Use the included USB microSD card reader. Plug that into your computer.

1534226722165.png

instructions are included with the download, very straightforward though, copy bin file to memory card, power on the camera and it will do the rest

Ah ok cool thanks for the fast reply fellas

I will attempt to get it done in the morning before work

Got it done just in time before i left. Update took about a minute, minute half

Have updated the first post with a new test build we've been trying internally for the past few days, if anyone wants to try it please make sure to set the power input to 2 wire or 3 wire according to your setup

any feedback appreciated

Looks like the release notes file is still only up to 1.32.

Back