SG9663DCPRO - Miscellaneous questions

Best practices? All I can think of is to try different exposure settings at night and see if WDR affects plate capture then. 30FPS seems to be the sweet spot for most sensors regards motion blurring. That may help at night too if it adds exposure time but that can work against you with plate reflections. One of the things I've noticed is the intensely bright headlights of today's cars works against you at night by altering automatic exposure changes except sometimes with cars a bit ahead of you but not too close. Improving overall recording at night may work against plate capture where high contrast can be your friend. That plays a part in daytime too. What is best for one won't always be best for the other.

There is really no solution available unless you can stop the world long enough to change settings for the situation or have multiple cams with different settings in use. Even then there will be plates you simply cannot get for various reasons. There is no perfect solution, for if there was the cam manufacturer who had it would soon be the only one left in the business. Plate capture is the "holy grail" of dashcams and just as elusive to find.

Phil

Don't get me wrong. I am not a police helper or something. Just don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I help the police when i can, it is one of the main principles of a sane country, if you want the police to work alone, well then you need more police and informers than was in DDR during the cold war.
And i don't want to live in a STASI country with a cop on every street corner, and i don't want criminals to set the agenda in my country.

OK, I'll help police. Just tell me the correct AE and EV settings for night for this camera.

I never change Metering or EV values.
Only if you have tinted windows will it make sense to change Ev value, but how much depend on the tint so best thing is to experiment to see what you like best.

I set the display to rear view only, next time it is PiP again. Happens the same for you, gentlemen?

I set the display to rear view only, next time it is PiP again. Happens the same for you, gentlemen?

it will always default to PIP, that's part of the startup routine to communicate with the rear camera

Hello ... I just bought a sgr291 rear cam for my sggcx2pro+ dashcam. I have the EXACT same blue line on the "B" file that the original poster has. I have tried to troubleshoot the problem with no luck. Some "B" files have it, some don't.

It's not my computer or the video player. I can see the blue line (when it does show up) on the dashcam display screen. Has anyone figured out what could be causing this? Thanks in advance [emoji4]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Cool ... Thanks!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

What does it try to tell us when beeping continuously?

The reason beeing? (please see wetransfer, too)

Video is out of focus, can't see it
Just need to know the audio "code": card full, card corrupted, voltage too low ... the video is irrelevant.

Just need to know the audio "code": card full, card corrupted, voltage too low ... the video is irrelevant.

there's no audio code, if it's double beeping it's not recording, look at the camera to see the reason

No apparent reason.
eaec9a278da6c68c24b69766ca503456.jpg

The system will continue to double beep when you manually stop the recording or the memory card is not inserted.

Back