SG9663DCPRO - Miscellaneous questions

This was the screen when the camera was beeping. No apparent reason but beeping. The card was ok, battery level ok, enough room on the card, no sunshine exposure, car parked. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Beeping can also mean there is a communication error with the rear camera. Test with the rear camera left unplugged.

This was the screen when the camera was beeping. No apparent reason but beeping. The card was ok, battery level ok, enough room on the card, no sunshine exposure, car parked. [emoji848]

was it recording, was the timer ticking over?

can't tell from still photos and no detail what is happening

It's possible the card is in a corrupted state and it keeps restarting the recording over and over. Test with another card if possible.
Beeping is memory card problem or rear camera problem. Test with rear camera unplugged to rule that out too.

Beeping can also mean there is a communication error with the rear camera. Test with the rear camera left unplugged.
In case of comm error with the rear cam, can you still have image from that cam? Please see the pic above.

In case of comm error with the rear cam, can you still have image from that cam? Please see the pic above.

maybe, if it's intermittent, just something to try to rule out as much as possible and point the finger at the cause quicker.

This card.
0091f1df5012a51238ce79ba86c24f64.jpg

Btw, I've uploaded another video with beeps.

ok, not a supported card so that's not a good start

the video you just sent the camera is not recording, the REC light is on solid, the timer in the top right of the display is not incrementing, that's why it is beeping to tell you that it is not recording

This card.
0091f1df5012a51238ce79ba86c24f64.jpg

Btw, I've uploaded another video with beeps.

That old Sandisk card is a known problem in all dahscams. That’s one of the most faked cards on the market as well.

Only the newer Sandisk Ultra that has “A1” stamped on the card has an updated controller.
Samsung EVO is also good.

Understood, however please note that card works perfectly and already recorded hundreds of files by now. It gone wild today only, out of the blue, right after parking the car.
Then continued to work fine.

Understood, however please note that card works perfectly and already recorded hundreds of files by now. It gone wild today only, out of the blue, right after parking the car.

Yes that’s what happens with that exact card. It randomly flips into read only mode over a long period of time. That Card is not supported, avoid.

Ok, that's my backup card anyway.
What about the main one, see attach.
76ced4b1bddf0cf51b46e5d5fc3b2039.jpg

it's a poor choice of card for any dashcam, not just ours, 32GB is not practical for a dual channel camera using parking mode either

Hi,
I am new here and decided to order SG9663DCPRO as it seems like best choice for me (wifi, dual, good image quality, capacitor, ...)

As I am in Europe I will probably order from Hiniko and they also got good deal for cam without card. I was just wondering, is that site official distributor? Any issues with warranty or fake product? According to their "about us" it all should be ok, but better to ask those who knows better :))

ah ok cool.. so I have no worries then :)
I guess that link is complete cam (front + back and all accessories except hardwire and microsd)

another small thing.. I was actually thinking about Thinkware F800 Pro and when compared it seems like they are basically more or less the same, just Street Guardian with better video but no buffered parking mode.

But then here it states
The camera uses a separate external GPS module (included) and it currently does not have parking mode. While some form of parking mode may be implemented in the future via a firmware used, buffered parking mode will not be available given the processor used.

Is this still valid? No parking mode at all? Then why hardwire?

// EDIT
It also says that max size of card is 256GB but there here it says 400GB

Back