SG9663DCPRO - Miscellaneous questions

yes it has parking mode if you use the hardwire kit, I'm guessing wherever you got that quote from is old information, we have a continuous update schedule so features and functions do change over time as we keep working on it

there's a couple of errors there, but it's also the SG9663DC, that was replaced by the SG9663DCPRO about a year ago

ah ok cool.. so I have no worries then :)
I guess that link is complete cam (front + back and all accessories except hardwire and microsd)

another small thing.. I was actually thinking about Thinkware F800 Pro and when compared it seems like they are basically more or less the same, just Street Guardian with better video but no buffered parking mode.

But then here it states

Is this still valid? No parking mode at all? Then why hardwire?

// EDIT
It also says that max size of card is 256GB but there here it says 400GB

Review on main dashcamtalk is for SG9663DC (2y ago model), outdated review, many additional features added since then.
The one now is SG9663DCPRO. Both have parking mode feature via additional hardwiring kit.
Till recently max officially supported memory size capacity was 400GB. For past few month we have been testing 512GB and it is works fine as well.

Gentlemen, so we have a pro+ now. Now I've found out. [emoji3]

is there a comparison chart between dc pro and dc pro+?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Gentlemen, so we have a pro+ now. Now I've found out. [emoji3]

is there a comparison chart between dc pro and dc pro+?

The DC Pro+ has an updated compact rear camera with a recessed port. The front camera has a few updated components to make it even more heat tolerant. The packaging is a bit bigger as well.

Other than that they both use the same firmware.

The DC Pro+ has an updated compact rear camera with a recessed port. The front camera has a few updated components to make it even more heat tolerant. The packaging is a bit bigger as well.

Other than that they both use the same firmware.
No better night vision? no micro usb?

No better night vision?

Night Performance will be improved further with the next firmware release. Check out the before and after WDR on/off examples in the following threads. (changes will come to all Street Guardian IMX291 products)

no micro usb?

It would be an unnecessary change especially since all our hardwire kits / power supplies are mini USB. Mini USB is stronger and more reliable than micro USB.

Night Performance will be improved further with the next firmware release. Check out the before and after WDR on/off examples in the following threads. (changes will come to all Street Guardian IMX291 products)

It would be an unnecessary change especially since all our hardwire kits / power supplies are mini USB. Mini USB is stronger and more reliable than micro USB.
God bless you, or, if you are a free spirit, nature bless you !

I freaked out thinking I have to rewire the car !

This is my firmware version. Due to the damn coronavirus madness, I've forgotten to check for new releases. I see back in April there was one.

The first thought is to update immediately but I wonder if I shouldn't wait for the next one.

Recommendations?

Thank you!
38a3c848ab8d06a82f61191aaa6ed56e.jpg

It's always a good idea to update as soon as possible. There should be another new one in a month or so though as well.
Well, this is exactly why I've asked. And, thanks to your previous statements, I know the new one will improve the night shooting, among others.
The question is what 1.17 has brought comparing to 1.16? What have I missed?

Thanks again!

Date:2020-04-16 Ver: DCPRO2020416V1.17

01. Bugfix - Restore photo function during emergency file save
02. Add - Parking monitor OFF option
03. Adjust - Default system date after reset

Not many but interesting. OK, I'll do this late (late for me [emoji3]) update.

See you soon, gentlemen!

Back