SG9663DR Installations

So the AV-out issue is definitely an adapter issue because if I pull out the 3.5mm plug slightly, I finally get video. Tried two different stereo adapters so I probably need something else. Any idea if the 3.5 port is the kind with 2, 3, or 4 segments?
trrs-diagram1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah probably your plug thats not quite the right one.
@jokiin should be able to tell precise what kind of plug are required. i think ( guess ) it is just a 3 connector ( GND + AV + Mono sound )

as I've said before, there are compromises to any design, none are perfect, certainly not perfect for everyone, the Lukas design is small but wouldn't work with our choice of hardware

I was showing the Lucas design not for size but for the secure swivel on both sides and the stealthier profile and mounting possibilties. Please explain why it wouldn't work for your choice of hardware. If you had chosen to use the same tube housing the same hardware, why would such a mount not work?

there are compromises to all designs

This strikes me as a rather ambiguous remark that doesn't really mean anything and simply appears to just deflect my efforts at constructive criticism. I don't agree that "all" designs are compromised, although I believe this particular remote camera module design might be. Some designs are quite clever, even brilliant solutions. Depends on the creativity and talent of the engineering team.

Last edited:
I have repositioned the DR front camera to the driver's side of the rear view mirror, and installed a Viofo A129 Pro on the passenger side.

This seems like a better install solution. It certainly looks much better, especially with the mounting plate behind the frit.

Again, I'm struck with how big the remote camera module turned out to be. Your photo illustrates the profile quite well. It is as big as some full sized dash cams on the market, yet it is just a lens module.

dr.jpg

Last edited:
the mini series always had sag due to the mount design and the weight of the camera

Yes, this is true. Partly, that was from poor design and partly because of the weight of the camera. I think your DR mount appears far more secure even if it is only supported on one side.

Again, as I've explained many times before, living on a sometimes bumpy dirt road on a mountain I've become more aware of the consequences of a mount that is inherently prone to shocks and vibration than many users, hence my concerns about a camera that is supported only on one side.

Last edited:
Yes it is 10 mm or so wider than that viofo main camera, but the volume of it is just 1/2 maybe even less.
But granted if i put my B1W next to it the size might be the same alright, and that is indeed a full self contained system, and the mobius camera of mine even smaller.

But i can also put a mobius mini or a keyfob camera next to a regular mobius and ask why is that mobius so large.

The world and Street Guardian, will just have to live with what they have done, there is no going back now.

The world and Street Guardian, will just have to live with what they have done, there is no going back now.

True, but this is a dash cam discussion forum where members can share their opinions, even if they are not so welcome among certain circles.

Maybe a future camera update may offer a more discreet option?

Maybe a future camera update may offer a more discreet option?
perhaps, the current design is as small as it could be while still meeting the things it needed to do, range of adjustment, which hardware it can support, lenses, sensors, CPL etc, there will be a few variants that will use the same housing

perhaps, the current design is as small as it could be while still meeting the things it needed to do, range of adjustment, which hardware it can support, lenses, sensors, CPL etc, there will be a few variants that will use the same housing

Perhaps?

Yeah probably your plug thats not quite the right one.
@jokiin should be able to tell precise what kind of plug are required. i think ( guess ) it is just a 3 connector ( GND + AV + Mono sound )
I don't have the detail on hand, I'll check

Somewhere in one of my 'junk boxes' I think there's an unopened pack of 10 DSDD 5 1/4 inch floppy disks. Maybe I'll send them to the Smithsonian...
if i ask my kids what DSDD 5 1/4 inch discs are they would think im joking and made it up to trick them.
sell them, they would be worth a bit unopened.

if i ask my kids what DSDD 5 1/4 inch discs are they would think im joking and made it up to trick them.
sell them, they would be worth a bit unopened.
show them a floppy disk and they'll ask why you 3D printed the save icon

I had a good old LOL lately watching this video.

This seems like a better install solution. It certainly looks much better, especially with the mounting plate behind the frit.
Yes, I agree that it looks much better from the outside with the mount plate on the frit.

The indicator is multi-functional, containing an LED, the microphone and a button. A short press of the button triggers an event recording, a long press turns WiFi on/off, so it was important to me that I could see it and reach it from the driver's seat.
So there is no option to turn off the camera with this remote button?

Back