SG9663DR update

No waste of good HDMI plugs and engineering, and really people should not be looking at screens or have then going while driving, a good car is a blacked out car.

Tell that to the kids that drive cars that look like crash landed UFOs :p

Will the wired button have an air vent clip? Perhaps like this one:
48042810426_36318de963_o.png

If not, then maybe the back is flat enough for me to sticker on a metal plate so it can go on a magnetic air vent mount like this:
B0925283268.jpg

I think its just stick on, so you will have to get creative, i will mount mine on the side of the center console by the parking or hand brake as we Denes call it as foot operated parking brakes are a rare thing here, so it is out of sight but still within reach.

This will be a sort after dash cam , i think. I am pleased that the remote camera bodies will be smaller & more heat resistant .I am in Sydney with its high UV levels. I would like a magnetic mount so i can take them off when parked & put them out of the sun. I do that now with 2 Mobius 1 & it works well .

I know this may be a dumb question, say if I buy the SG9663DCPRO end of June for my road trip in July, if the new SG9663DR comes out after I bought the DCPRO, do you all have a trade up program! Just asking thanks!

I hope the delays mean that we will get a product defect/bug free. I'm anxiously waiting for this to install on my car

Come on jokiin - get DR into production quickly - DR uses the same fundamental components as DC - just borrow some money & put it on the consumers bills - production shouldn't take this long.

I hope the delays mean that we will get a product defect/bug free. I'm anxiously waiting for this to install on my car

Absolutely. I have no problem with them taking extra time to get things right. Always better to delay than release something half-assed, or buggy and broken. I myself am anxious as well, to get one for my wife’s new car

Fingers crossed, I put off my first dashcam purchase so I can get this one!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Same actually.

I've been very interested in this camera since it was first announced almost a year and a half ago. Now that I'm shopping for a new primary camera it's disappointing that it is still not available. Street Guardian is in the habit of announcing new products long before they see the light of day in order to create buzz and anticipation. That approach can be good for marketing but after such an unusually long gestation period this one is starting to feel like vaporware.

Fourteen months ago jokiin stated that it would be ready by the end of July, 2018 and here we are July, 2019. :(

SG9663DR.png

delays have been technical not financial

For every problem there's a solution, the only question is how motivated are you to find it?
1.5 year delay... hmmm

it's delayed, it's not for the lack of effort, getting them out would help us to recover some costs, not letting anything go with known issues though, I had to recall a camera previously, don't want to ever do that again

if I understand correctly, the front camera on the new DR will be small like the rear cameras are like.

I'd like to place the camera in front of the rear-view mirror in my car but my existing SG9665GC is too think to fit there and had to be mounted above the mirror which meant that it looks through the factory tinting.

Back