SG9663DR update

Okay, i would have put money on that,,,,,, good thing i am not a gambling man then.

Seeming that the DR is still in development I hope SG will address this so it will not be an issue. This is copy and paste from a different brand dash-cam review and would be a needed feature for this anticipated DR, I am patiently waiting for....

3) I wasn't sure how the emergency button handled the files. I was concerned that if you saw something you wanted to keep - but the camera started recording the next file before you managed to press the button then you would be protecting the wrong clip. Well it turns out the manufacturer has thought of this. "When this button is pressed, if current recording is less than 1 minute, then current file and the file before this (together 2 files) are locked"

Yes that’s already how the event save button works on the SG9663DC and SGGCX2PRO

If current clip is 0-50% the previous file is also saved.

If current clip is 50-100% the next file is also saved.

DR will be the same.
I did not even think about the next clip needing to be saved. Would be just as necessary if the clip is near the end of the record time duration. Thank you for the reply.

So it's been forever since I actually logged into the forums but I've been lurking and watching the info on this camera for ages. I'm looking to replace my two SG9665GC v1's that I use for front/rear cams, since it's kind of clunky getting them closely synced and draws more power, among other things.

I figured I'd post here, since it's a more active thread, to ask SG/Jokiin: I saw in another thread that there's a couple other cameras being worked on alongside the DR, and that you're wanting to hold off on details until they're closer to being ready for release. But would you be able to guess if they'll release around the same time? I'd like to know to hold off on the DR if there's the potential for something better suited to my needs right around the corner. Also, one of my GC v1s seems to be bootlooping. To be honest, I haven't done much research into it yet as it's my back camera so it's not a top priority, but since I'm already here, it can't hurt to ask if I'm able to send it in for repair, should I not find a solution in the forums?

It’s either a bed memory card, firmware update needed or power supply issue. If it’s none of those sounds like some hardware fault.

Thanks for being an early adopter of Street Guardian’s first 2014/2015 product line I can hook you up with a steep discount replacement if needed. Just send me a private message if interested. Things have come a long way since GC V1

Some of the other new cameras are probably single channel models, making me wonder if SG are about to try another "new" sensor, or maybe a new housing design.
Whatever, it will be interesting to see what come out of the labs.
Going with something new, will make your V1 of the GC look like a relic, even if it have just been a few years.

It’s either a bed memory card, firmware update needed or power supply issue. If it’s none of those sounds like some hardware fault.

Thanks for being an early adopter of Street Guardian’s first 2014/2015 product line I can hook you up with a steep discount replacement if needed. Just send me a private message if interested. Things have come a long way since GC V1

Gotcha, I'll be sure to check those out first! And no need to thank me, SG has earned it. I appreciate the offer, but I'll be holding off on PMing you until some of the newer releases come out, especially since I have my eye on the DR :]

Some of the other new cameras are probably single channel models, making me wonder if SG are about to try another "new" sensor, or maybe a new housing design.
Whatever, it will be interesting to see what come out of the labs.
Going with something new, will make your V1 of the GC look like a relic, even if it have just been a few years.

Fantastic, I'm even more excited for the new cameras to come out!

Fantastic

Yeah i am exited too, but i am of course just guessing on the new models, while i am affiliated with SG i am not privy to everything going on.
But newer sensors and a bit more resolution make sense, the sensors are there and other are already on that ball too.
A new housing may be a bit thin, the current shared ones work fine, and i am not quite sure what SG could do with their own tooling or if it would be worth the effort.
Like many others SG are also collecting bits and bobs for a 4K camera, just need the all the right things to put together. To me this is very interesting as i feel more resolution are the way forward.

In regard to the DR it will have internals the same as the current high end models, so IMX 291 all around, other than that it is just the shape of the thing that make it unique, and i also feel remote cameras are the way forward at least for multi channel dashcams.
Just saying if you suddenly find yourself in a situation where you can wait no more.

Just saying if you suddenly find yourself in a situation where you can wait no more.
Thanks, I really appreciate the insight! So far the GCs are serving me well enough, especially if I get the other one up and running again. They'll work at least long enough to hold out for the new releases, which I'm mostly just excited for because of Gear Acquisition Syndrome :ROFLMAO:

I don't like to say for sure but I would think we should have a better idea of where we're at by midyear, we have some tooling changes to make to accommodate a cable change that is necessary, that will take a good 6 weeks, we can retest once that is done
Any news?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

no news are good news, at least if they come from the eastern front.

Will the video screen be larger than the non-DR unit?

I think ( assume ) the LCD on the DR will be a little larger than what you see on the current models of the conventional design, but as i understand it the main unit will still be pretty small so the LCD will not be significantly larger.
Personally i had hoped for a larger main unit and so possible also LCD too, a 5" screen i would not complain about, but i don't think thats where things are heading.
So i am probably going to need my reading glasses for the DR model too, or go the WIFI route and do settings on my larger phone.

I think ( assume ) the LCD on the DR will be a little larger than what you see on the current models of the conventional design, but as i understand it the main unit will still be pretty small so the LCD will not be significantly larger.
Personally i had hoped for a larger main unit and so possible also LCD too, a 5" screen i would not complain about, but i don't think thats where things are heading.
So i am probably going to need my reading glasses for the DR model too, or go the WIFI route and do settings on my larger phone.
A compromise would be a mini-hdmi port.

I think the hardware do support HDMI out, but the guys have opted to not put that plug in,,,,,,,, correct me if i am wrong,,,,,, again.

Back