SG9663DR update

perfect. I can't wait. I've been holding off on upgrading my SG9665GC V1 with the soft focus for this.
still have some things we need to sort so can't offer an ETA at this time, your V1 can reset the focus, if you're not up to doing that yourself you can send it to us and we'll sort it out for you

smaller than the current rear cameras

Just to throw this out there, it would be nice if eventually the SG9663DR could have one or more alternative focal length lenses available so you could have a narrower FOV in the rear and a wide lens in the front or vice versa. Or two extra wide FOV lenses for installing the SG9663DR as side cams.

Just to throw this out there, it would be nice if eventually the SG9663DR could have one or more alternative focal length lenses available so you could have a narrower FOV in the rear and a wide lens in the front or vice versa. Or two extra wide FOV lenses for installing the SG9663DR as a side cam.
it will come with the same lenses front and rear, we are however looking at some other options to offer, still trying to find the right lenses, I actually used some of your images that you posted previously (the ones in your town where you had the full view and then the zoomed view) to demonstrate to the lens supplier some of what we are looking for

it will come with the same lenses front and rear, we are however looking at some other options to offer, still trying to find the right lenses, I actually used some of your images that you posted previously (the ones in your town where you had the full view and then the zoomed view) to demonstrate to the lens supplier some of what we are looking for

Yes, you mentioned using my wide/telephoto front captures before for demonstration purposes, so now it is interesting to a hear a bit more about what you used them for.

Yes, you mentioned using my wide/telephoto front captures before for demonstration purposes, so now it is interesting to a hear a bit more about what you used them for.
intention is to offer a few different remote camera options, DCPRO is sold as 2 channel but there will be a couple of other cameras that will be sold as single channel but have the option of adding a second camera, similar to how we offer the X2PRO, just taking some time to get all the right bits to get the range right

intention is to offer a few different remote camera options, DCPRO is sold as 2 channel but there will be a couple of other cameras that will be sold as single channel but have the option of adding a second camera, similar to how we offer the X2PRO, just taking some time to get all the right bits to get the range right

For those of us who have been around dash cams for many years it's great to see the introduction of processors that can do this!

For those of us who have been around dash cams for many years it's great to see the introduction of processors that can do this!
there's some three and four channel options coming as well, will probably take a while before we can get to that, the good thing though about the chipsets that are multi channel capable is they don't work too hard when only doing two channels, my personal view is that it's better to have some overhead and not be pushing things hard

there's some three and four channel options coming as well...

That is piquing my interest.

...my personal view is that it's better to have some overhead and not be pushing things hard

Having seen many implementations over the years where the opposite approach was made in the name of cost savings with less than stellar results I could not agree with you more.

3- 4 channel.
4 i get, 3 not so much.
But i was expecting it to be longer, but maybe thats the case with the worth while products, just like we have seen early 4K cameras being not all that impressive,

3 channel - front, rear and cabin with IR. Taxi guys will love it. Third channel could also be a narrower lens or telephoto lens.

Yeah don't get me wrong i can see the use for it, but just dident think the makers would be jumping on this so fast.
But maybe prices / options have changed so it could now be a thing worth considering.
A year ago people was like " 4 channel,,, noooooo too expensive too little market".

I also think the market is very limited. Obvious scenario would be front, rear and sides. Price wise it should still be less than two dual channel or dual remote packages.

I also think the market is very limited. Obvious scenario would be front, rear and sides. Price wise it should still be less than two dual channel or dual remote packages.
yeah the install is too complex for the average user, and costly for professional install, very hard to make something universal for the side cameras also, has a lot more challenges than 2 or 3 channel installs

Or buy the base package and customise your own lens package. Wide, narrow, cabin IR, telephoto or external.

Ideally it would support up to 4 channels. But on my crew cab truck there’s no good way to do side cams, sadly. The only side windows that exist roll up and down :)

Thats okay as long as you dont mount off the glass, i have been filming thru " active" door windows for the past years, but doing so i had to mount cameras off headliner and plastic trim on B pillar.

Back