SG9663DR update

Side curtain airbags in most modern cars eliminate almost every possible interior side-facing camera mount position. So Tesla mounted theirs directly in the b-pillars of the model 3.

Side curtain airbags in most modern cars eliminate almost every possible interior side-facing camera mount position. So Tesla mounted theirs directly in the b-pillars of the model 3.
designing and fitting cameras to cars as part of the production process is very simple compared to trying to do an aftermarket one size fits all (or even most) solution, hard enough even do a one size fits some when it comes to the side cameras

I've got multiple people now asking me for dashcam recommendations and I have to keep telling them that the dashcam isn't finished yet and it'll be a few more months. I've been saying that for a year now, can we please make a push for it to release in september and ship in October before the rains start?

I've got multiple people now asking me for dashcam recommendations and I have to keep telling them that the dashcam isn't finished yet and it'll be a few more months. I've been saying that for a year now, can we please make a push for it to release in september and ship in October before the rains start?
The existing DC might suit some people better than the DR, plus it's available now.

Yes if the guys dont have extreme demands in regard to stealth, or are not challenged by a windscreen poorly designed for dashcam use ( silly large sensor array )
Then i too dont see no reason to wait for the DR

you think it's not ready because we're just lazy?

I think it's because you want it 100% right before any release and those who think otherwise may just want a incomplete cam! I'de much rather have a tested and quality cam then rather then having to ship it back for repair, so please take your time!

I think it's because you want it 100% right before any release and those who think otherwise may just want a incomplete cam! I'de much rather have a tested and quality cam then rather then having to ship it back for repair, so please take your time!
not sure we can ever get things 100% right before release on any product, there's always something you don't find until after, what we don't do though is release something when we know there's an issue, if we identify a problem then we need to fix it before we can release a product

Yes if the guys dont have extreme demands in regard to stealth, or are not challenged by a windscreen poorly designed for dashcam use ( silly large sensor array )
Then i too dont see no reason to wait for the DR
Well, that would be me. :)

Currently trying to fit a DR900S-2CH into my car. But it's nearly impossilble to get a decent result. In the middle below the rearview mirror, it's easy to see from the outside. At the passenger side, i have 3 options. (1) Never remove the camera again or (2) the cables and SD card or (3) move the camera a few more cm to the passenger side and see the side window.

Well, that would be me. :)

Currently trying to fit a DR900S-2CH into my car. But it's nearly impossilble to get a decent result. In the middle below the rearview mirror, it's easy to see from the outside. At the passenger side, i have 3 options. (1) Never remove the camera again or (2) the cables and SD card or (3) move the camera a few more cm to the passenger side and see the side window.
it can be a challenge in some vehicles due to lens placement on that model

Probably not lazy, but perhaps not enough people working on solutions to your problems.
ever heard the phrase "too many cooks in the kitchen"? that applies to tech development as well. i'm not saying you're one of the cooks that makes it too many, kandrey, just saying that Jokiin knows what he's doing, and isn't sharing all the details with us.

so lets leave the cook alone to get the brew boiled up. as my mother would say, the more you nag me the longer it will take.

Back