SG9665GC anyone hardwire?

What amp fuse should we use with this kit?

What amp fuse should we use with this kit?
Recommended is 3 or 5Amp. If you use add a circuit adapter, then you can use any ACC fuse from car circuit pount, but for dashcam circuit use 3 or 5 Amp.
NB! Never use Airbag fuse. Also alarm / immobilizer / central locking fuse is not recommended to use.

Recommended is 3 or 5Amp. If you use add a circuit adapter, then you can use any ACC fuse from car circuit pount, but for dashcam circuit use 3 or 5 Amp.
NB! Never use Airbag fuse. Also alarm / immobilizer / central locking fuse is not recommended to use.
Thank you!

Thank you!

Note:
if you want to use SG in parking mode for motion detection and / or g-sensor recording, then you need to hardwire (+) to the constant live fuse, but again, - avoid airbag and alarm / immobilizer / central locking related fuses.

Note:
if you want to use SG in parking mode for motion detection and / or g-sensor recording, then you need to hardwire (+) to the constant live fuse, but again, - avoid airbag and alarm / immobilizer / central locking related fuses.

10-4.

"Rodger", its a CB lingo ;)
You must be a trucker ?

"Rodger", its a CB lingo ;)
You must be a trucker ?

Nope, I just use "10-4" from time to time as a bit of a short cut of sorts. Thank you for your help!

Buy a female lighter socket, connect that to your fusebox and plug the included adapter in, very simple and won't give you any warranty hassles
Jokiin, I've done this.

I plan to plug the positive into an ignition-only fuse, but my question is... where do I plug in the negative wire??

Ty

Look for the screw / bolt that is connected to car body. Anything which is "car body" is negative. With tester you know if its earth or not.

@niko Any plans to stock anything like this?

PS Got my second SG9665GC. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@niko Any plans to stock anything like this?

PS Got my second SG9665GC. Thanks :)

Yes, I do have in stock similar ones (microusb plug 12v to 5v with battery discharge voltage cut-off built in ), but they are from a different brand.
I will have a CELL-POWER branded hardwire next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im hoping to have a video on hard wiring the SG with the cellpower kit, pier28 was kind enough to send for my testing/review.
How is it looking for you to do that video and review?

Just finished hardwiring my SG9665GC (sold by pier 28 via Amazon) to my 2015 Nissan Rogue using the Cell-Power hardware kit from Pier 28 (bought via Amazon) and so far everything seems to be working. Just finished the install last night so I'll be testing it over the weekend.

Just bought the correct add a circuit from autozone, added a 5amp fuse and tapped into a spare 10amp fuse that's powered when the ignition is turned on.

Just finished hardwiring my SG9665GC (sold by pier 28 via Amazon) to my 2015 Nissan Rogue using the Cell-Power hardware kit from Pier 28 (bought via Amazon) and so far everything seems to be working. Just finished the install last night so I'll be testing it over the weekend.

Just bought the correct add a circuit from autozone, added a 5amp fuse and tapped into a spare 10amp fuse that's powered when the ignition is turned on.

Mine, ordered from Pier 28 via Amazon as well, came on Tuesday and I hope to do the install this weekend.

Back