SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

I haven't tried the newest beta, but is it possible to not have the speed shown?

OSD Speed is not enabled by default. It's a new option in the menu. You can still disable GPS all together as well if all you want is auto time/date sync.
(Or don't plug it in all together)

Edit: my mistake, GPS off doesn't sync date/time

Last edited:
You can still disable GPS all together as well of all you want is auto time/date sync.
Wait... if you turn OFF the "GPS" option in the menu, it still uses any GPS dongle to still sync time? (I thought turning off the option was the same as unplugging the dongle.)

I think it should be renamed to "GPS time synchronization" or something like this... ;)

GPS enabled does more than just GPS time synchronization though, it logs the speed and location GPS data into the MOV file as well.

the current on/off setting only disables time sync, it will still log speed and location, this may change though

the current on/off setting only disables time sync, it will still log speed and location, this may change though

I hope it doesn't change. Some of us might like to have the option to have GPS logging just not shaping it on the screen!

I hope it doesn't change. Some of us might like to have the option to have GPS logging just not shaping it on the screen!

the GPS on/off is separate to the OSD on/off, every OSD display setting has its own user menu option to allow you to turn it on or off, that won't change

So far so good with V2 Beta 19 (14 June 2016) MPH looks good, and no longer jumps around X vs XX MPH
[Internal testing, Not yet available for Public testing] EDIT now available!

vlcsnap-2016-06-14-16h28m18s222.png

Last edited:
have updated the first post with a link to the current beta, we're still working on some things but the recent couple of bugs we've been looking at seem ok so far, needs wider testing of course but if you find anything just let us know

Cool. Normally I'm not really into beta testing, but this seems to be quite a step forward, so will give it a try today :)

So far so good with V2 Beta 19 (14 June 2016) MPH looks good, and no longer jumps around X vs XX MPH
[Internal testing, Not yet available for Public testing] EDIT now available!

View attachment 23821

This look very good but it is an evenly illuminated lighting scenario and therefore doesn't tell us how the new firmware AE tables will perform in the sort of challenging high contrast, high dynamic range situations that were the reason for this much needed firmware update in the first place.

Has the IQ improved since beta 16?
I don't use GPS or motion detect, so is there a need to upgrade for me?

This look very good but it is an evenly illuminated lighting scenario and therefore doesn't tell us how the new firmware AE tables will perform in the sort of challenging high contrast, high dynamic range situations that were the reason for this much needed firmware update in the first place.

I drove around in circles with the sun blasting directly into the camera. AE is behaving nicely, so far so good.

Back