SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

I was a bit bothered maybe the firmware install had got corrupt, but pleased that the GMT -0 thing has been picked up as a bug.

I'll use GMT +1 for now.

Thought it was strange it worked for those few seconds when I changed the timezone.

Also strange it logged (albeit wrong) G sensor data instead.

Got a forum message pointing me to this thread; appreciate it, but I don't have a camera to test any firmwares on as I am currently using my old B40s in my car until the new firmware is done with beta-testing and is made official.
Jokiin, would appreciate a PM once new firmware is finalized; I'd like to grab two cams, along with two CPL filters for them.

Got a forum message pointing me to this thread; appreciate it, but I don't have a camera to test any firmwares on as I am currently using my old B40s in my car until the new firmware is done with beta-testing and is made official.
Jokiin, would appreciate a PM once new firmware is finalized; I'd like to grab two cams, along with two CPL filters for them.

honestly best just to subscribe to the thread or just check our website as it will be posted there once ready, I don't want to say yes I'll message you and then I forget, should be on our site as a release version in around 2 weeks all being well

Got my GC... and immediately put on B16. (I haven't played with any firmware other than beta 16. I really want the AE improvements.)

I encountered one issue nearly immediately: If you STOP recording, and "delete all" from the device (within the menus), when you exit the menu you get stuck at a blue "No Image" box with no apparent way to escape from it (short of a power cycle which starts a new recording.) (It's a very minor issue, obviously.)

Edit: Are the AE modes similar to DSLR modes? Average (average of full frame), Center weighted (average with more weight to the lighting near the center of the frame), etc?

Got my GC... and immediately put on B16. (I haven't played with any firmware other than beta 16. I really want the AE improvements.)

I encountered one issue nearly immediately: If you STOP recording, and "delete all" from the device (within the menus), when you exit the menu you get stuck at a blue "No Image" box with no apparent way to escape from it (short of a power cycle which starts a new recording.) (It's a very minor issue, obviously.)

Edit: Are the AE modes similar to DSLR modes? Average (average of full frame), Center weighted (average with more weight to the lighting near the center of the frame), etc?

I can't duplicate it so far. Let me try another GC with more files on the card.

388732c0097bea2ef595d453708a1f4c.jpg

e3b14a54c22411242259a1ce63885821.jpg

0c0c2d2a5221ee60a0a4a42e97eeb9ca.jpg

Last test was V16 on the bench with only a few files could not duplicate. (Delete all from playback second menu screen)

V17 in the mustang could not duplicate. I do see a blue screen for 1 second but goes away.

9beea48b9145e7ad39ce242e0ccf6260.jpg

will have a look at that, not something that gets much attention as file management on the camera is obviously not so easy with the size of the screen, clumsy menu etc, anyone that wanted to delete everything would more likely just format the card, thanks for the report though

correct

Last test was V16 on the bench with only a few files could not duplicate. (Delete all from playback second menu screen)

(@Pier28, @jokiin -- I'll be deleting this from youtube in a day or so... if you want a copy of it before then, please let me know and I'll make it available to you.)

Please see the following video:

Several disclaimers here:

1. The camera isn't mounted properly. In fact, it's being held up with a pair of 3M command strips (barely.) That is why it wobbles around when I press buttons. (I'm trying to figure out where I want it mounted in my windshield.)

2. I can't remember how to rotate a video 90 degrees. If this was important, I'd figure it out. In this case, it wasn't worth the effort.

3. I understand that this is a minor issue if you can repeat it. I'd actually LIKE if you can repeat it. If not, and it's isolated to my specific piece of hardware, it might be indicative of a h/w fault. In the video, I'm using the transcend microSD card the device came with, as well as the car cigarette lighter adapter it came with.

Take care
Gary

it will be firmware not hardware, thanks for the video, makes it easier to show the engineer the workflow to exhibit the problem

pressing mic two or three times when it has the no image error on screen just kicked it out of that menu (beta 17), can you give that a try?

in b16? yes. that works. Obviously I can't check b17 ;)

thank you.

it should exit with one press rather than having to press a few times, will look into why, a bunch of other stuff we need to look at before this though as some of the other stuff is higher priority right now

it should exit with one press rather than having to press a few times, will look into why, a bunch of other stuff we need to look at before this though as some of the other stuff is higher priority right now
Not a problem. This (IMO) is an extremely minor issue and not something that should (again, in my opinion) block anything else.

I'm not complaining about it (and it doesn't prevent me from using the device.) I'm reporting it because I feel that if I'm using something with a "beta" label (that isn't my own), I have an obligation to report any issues (and make other people understand/see/repeat the issue.)

Not a problem. This (IMO) is an extremely minor issue and not something that should (again, in my opinion) block anything else.

I'm not complaining about it (and it doesn't prevent me from using the device.) I'm reporting it because I feel that if I'm using something with a "beta" label (that isn't my own), I have an obligation to report any issues (and make other people understand/see/repeat the issue.)

don't get me wrong, we appreciate any bug report, we can't fix what we don't find so it's very valuable

we do at times get reports and they always get looked at but sometimes people wonder why a fix doesn't come in the next build and think it has been ignored

I haven't tried the newest beta, but is it possible to not have the speed shown?

Back