SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

sounds more like a low signal issue you have than anything else, what type of car, does it have an athermic windscreen?
It's a Ford with quick clear windscreen but I mounted the gps outside the elements area.

Never had an issue on the old firmware and for the few sec's I had it set to gmt +1 it was logging gps data.

Once I set it back to gmt 0, it stopped logging gps data, but the OSD speed was working.

Possibly bug with GMT 0 setting? Does anyone else use it? I might try just setting to gmt +1 and see if it behaves.

It's a Ford with quick clear windscreen but I mounted the gps outside the elements area.

Never had an issue on the old firmware and for the few sec's I had it set to gmt +1 it was logging gps data.

Once I set it back to gmt 0, it stopped logging gps data, but the OSD speed was working.

Possibly bug with GMT 0 setting? Does anyone else use it? I might try just setting to gmt +1 and see if it behaves.

will ask @niko to test on GMT 0 in case there is something there that needs looking at

will ask @niko to test on GMT 0 in case there is something there that needs looking at
I am going to change +1 to GMT 0 tomorrow on my Beta v16 Firmware. With official March FW everything is fine.

can you check it with beta 17 also

Yeah, I will check both firmware. Those are still Beta-versions, so some small "hiccups" may accrue.
I am going to check my today's driving.

Checked my today's driving ( beta 16 ) and there were no "hiccups" at all as seen from Rregistratorviewer below.
First and last long files are "normal" continuous recording, in between short clips are parking "motion detection" recordings. All date / time / location data is correct.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Lower left hand corner of windscreen. (upside down on the glass, or stuck to dashboard?) GPS logo should be facing up towards the sky.

Stuck to glass, but I followed your video on how to flip it.

Sounds like it's just my camera at the moment then, I'll try reset and reformat, see if that clears it.

Some Q's:

Are you supposed to see the G-sensor/Accelerometer in registration viewer?

Also can you get an upgraded GPS unit to get an altitude reading?

Some Q's:

Are you supposed to see the G-sensor/Accelerometer in registration viewer?

Also can you get an upgraded GPS unit to get an altitude reading?

G-Sensor data is not logged, Registrator Viewer can't display it

Altitude is not possible

Stuck to glass, but I followed your video on how to flip it.....
FWIW I've inadvertently (don't ask how) mounted the GPS unit for my GC 'wrong side up' and the only performance difference I noticed was it took longer to acquire/lock the signal but once it did performance seemed normal. It was mounted on a ~45 degree window so that may have had some bearing.

I'm using SG20160601.V2

Is it by design the date and time are not "joined" together? I've the time on the left and the date right.

And the time isn't projected correctly all the time. See here:Frame 2016.06.09 10-14-13 (1-03-11.865).jpg

Thanks that bug was just fixed in the latest firmware we are internally testing. It should be made available for public testing soon.

Beta firmware has small bug with GPS data ( speed / location ) when Time Zone GMT-0 selected. This has been reported and engineers dealing with it. Meanwhile for those who uses beta firmware and live in GMT-0 time zone ( UK, Ireland, etc. ) please select GMT+1, which will compensate DST, this way you will have correct time, location and speed.

Thanks that bug was just fixed in the latest firmware we are internally testing. It should be made available for public testing soon.

we'll probably hold this one for the moment as there's still another GPS bug we need to attend to, we should have another version Monday, will see how that looks

I'm using SG20160601.V2

Is it by design the date and time are not "joined" together? I've the time on the left and the date right.

And the time isn't projected correctly all the time. See here:View attachment 23701

if you turn logo on it won't do that, we've fixed this in the current beta 17 but we still have some other stuff to do, the fix will be in the next public beta

Agreed, we just learned of the GMT -0 bug Niko just confirmed.

that's a second bug, there's another GPS bug we were working on already, China has holidays at the moment but it's first job for the engineer when they are back so we should see an update Monday or Tuesday

Beta firmware has small bug with GPS data ( speed / location ) when Time Zone GMT-0 selected. This has been reported and engineers dealing with it. Meanwhile for those who uses beta firmware and live in GMT-0 time zone ( UK, Ireland, etc. ) please select GMT+1, which will compensate DST, this way you will have correct time, location and speed.
Glad I'm not going crazy! I thought you said it was fine initially though?

Last edited:
Some obscure bugs are not as obvious as others or take more time to discover after testing various combinations. GPS bug is clearly identified now thanks to your report which triggered a deeper look.

Back