SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

Only out of their cold dead hands.

Dashmellow, no all-in-ones?

Not sure I understand? I prefer separate cameras.

As for the guns, I do own them but I'm not a "gun nut", per se. Much of that is media hype despite all the crazy things that are happening in my country.

There's no good reason to shoot a bear like that. I guess some people do hunt them though.
I did not mean we have to shoot a bear or any animal. But it's a animal and it's danger if we can not control a bear when he's around our home. A animal has mood too. Maybe oneday, he has a bad mood. At least, I can threaten him with a sound of gun shoot. :D

I did not mean we have to shoot a bear or any animal. But it's a animal and it's danger if we can not control a bear when he's around our home. A animal has mood too. Maybe oneday, he has a bad mood. At least, I can threaten him with a sound of gun shoot. :D

That's not quite how it works, at least around here. The smart thing to do is to not leave food or trash around that will attract them away from their natural habitat. If you leave bears alone, they will leave you alone.

Thanks for that Pier28, I don't know what to make of that thread. Should I just use an old G1W as a stop gap and wait any developments or should I buy another SG9665GC and, as dashmellow suggests a Mobius for the rear?

As many here know I'm a big Mobius fan. I have three in my vehicle, two "C" lens cams facing laterally out the sides and the "B" out the back. With the SG9665GC facing front it feels like I've finally found the perfect set-up after six years of dash cam ownership. Having an SG9665GC both front and rear with two lateral Mobius "C" cams would also be an excellent configuration.

Thanks DM, I'm not sure I need 4 camera views, although a lockpick I used to have would allow any of 4 views on the main nav screen, the one I might change to doesn't have that many inputs so I think I'll just stick to front and rear for now. If SG are coming out with something 2 channel it might not be the best time to buy two SG9665GC's.

Damn it, I should have taken the GC out of my old car when I sold it.

Thanks DM, I'm not sure I need 4 camera views, although a lockpick I used to have would allow any of 4 views on the main nav screen, the one I might change to doesn't have that many inputs so I think I'll just stick to front and rear for now. If SG are coming out with something 2 channel it might not be the best time to buy two SG9665GC's.

I wasn't necessarily suggesting you need four cams. I was just describing my approach. So far, I'm not impressed with the multi-cam products that are on the market but they are improving for sure. I like having separate cameras because if one should fail, the others are still functioning and could even be swapped. The Mobius makes a a high quality multi-camera system pretty affordable too.

Having an SG9665GC both front and rear with two lateral Mobius "C" cams would also be an excellent configuration.
I was planning on using my A118C for the rear after upgrading to the GC but found it too big. The Ford Focus has a pretty small rear window and putting the cam in the top center so the rear wiper covered it just got in the way when trying to view out the back. I'm hoping the new dual cam from Street Guardian when they release it will fit o_O

I was planning on using my A118C for the rear after upgrading to the GC but found it too big. The Ford Focus has a pretty small rear window and putting the cam in the top center so the rear wiper covered it just got in the way when trying to view out the back. I'm hoping the new dual cam from Street Guardian when they release it will fit o_O
why dont you buy mobius for rear cam ? I never see any one regret after buy mobius :D
if you regret, thats great. You can go to mobius section on DCT and complain. Thats will be the first one thought. :D
I remember: I read Jokiin talking about two channel dashcam in May last year. Still waiting :D

Yeah, it depends on one's particular vehicle for sure. I drive a pick-up truck and that seems to afford more flexible installation options and is also kind of more forgiving cosmetically. Also, somehow, living in a rural environment I can do things that might not be so suitable in an urban setting.

why dont you buy mobius for rear cam ? I never see any one regret after buy mobius :D
if you regret, thats great. You can go to mobius section on DCT and complain. Thats will be the first one thought. :D
I remember: I read Jokiin talking about two channel dashcam in May last year. Still waiting :D

One of the first dual channel products in development last year (2015) was Ambarlela based and didn't make the cut. We won't be making that mistake again (was too buggy). Good things are in the works. We don't want to release something half baked and have high quality video and stability as the number 1 priority for next generation dual channel products. Too early to share details still but I'm confident the forum will be pleased when ready. SG9665GC V2 isn't going anywhere and innovations / improvements will continue.

Yeah, I was looking at installing a Mobius with an extension so just the lens module was on the window but thought I'd wait to see how the Street Guardian looks when released. Have to support the guys that support you;)

One of the first dual channel products in development last year (2015) was Ambarlela based and didn't make the cut. We won't be making that mistake again (was too buggy). Good things are in the works. We don't want to release something half baked and have high quality video and stability as the number 1 priority for next generation dual channel products. Too early to share details still but I'm confident the forum will be pleased when ready. SG9665GC V2 isn't going anywhere and innovations / improvements will continue.

Ok, don't release the half baked one. Note my raised hand when you reach thirty three sixty fourths.

I installed a Mobius as a rear camera - be forewarned, it's horrible at night in dark areas, you can't make anything out, even after tweaking the WDR settings.

I installed a Mobius as a rear camera - be forewarned, it's horrible at night in dark areas, you can't make anything out, even after tweaking the WDR settings.

The Mobius will never perform as well at night compared to a camera with the Sony Exmor IMX322 sensor like the GC, but it compares quite well with many other cameras as evidenced by the many comparison videos found on DCT. I get pretty decent results and I live in an area with no street lights although do I appreciate the limitations. I would hardly characterize it as horrible but then again I've been using dash cams since back when their low light performance truly was horrible.

Last edited:
Back