SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

Again, speaking of facts, and when things "are written in black and white" I recall when I first reported the high contrast/high dynamic range AE exposure problems with the GC you said in a PM to me on 5/26/15 ,"we're doing some fine tuning of the firmware but that's not quite ready for public release just yet", so I waited patiently for 10 months for next firmware to be released only to discover to my complete dismay that the AE problems had not be addressed AT ALL. So now, here we are a year and a half later with not quite fully resolved AE exposure "beta" firmware issues.

Both you and Street Guardian USA clearly stated earlier in this thread that the "latest V2 Beta messed it up" but when I point out with documentation that people have been reporting this issue since at least last June or earlier now
you can call it "innuendo and rumor". Either there is a problem or there is not a problem.

This kind of talk is merely part and parcel of an ongoing pattern of minimizing or declining to acknowledge the validity of long term problems that exist with the GC out concern that you might damage sales of a basically very good but flawed and over-hyped product.

I keep getting supportive PMs from members who report similar observations thanking me for being among the few who speak up about these issues.

P.S. If you posted a dedicated thread about how to calibrate with written and video instructions I'm quite sure it would benefit everyone involved and there would be plenty of opportunity in that thread to "make sure it's done right" and "have a good idea of how often it comes up, how best to deal with any questions about the process etc." because there could be an open and ongoing discussion about the topic where like everywhere else here on DCT people could ask questions and the answers would benefit all visitors to the thread.

Both you and Street Guardian USA clearly stated earlier in this thread that the "latest V2 Beta messed it up" .

neither of us said anything of the sort, once again you're reading things that haven't been written, Jon said "but it seems maybe latest Beta messed it up for some", I said "I don't know if there has been any mistake that has overwritten the calibration info, I said I would check, could be something unrelated, give us a chance to at least investigate and see if any connection", you just turned that into "we clearly stated the beta messed it up" both responses were directed at yourself so I'm not sure if you don't read things or what, anyone is welcome to go back a page and read that for themselves, it's there in black and white, how can you possibly see it as anything other than what is there, I don't get it

Long term problem or not, I agree with the developer wanting to know how many people are affected, also a private message gives the developer the chance to capture more info in each case, to see if there is a trend. If you post it for all to see then you will lose some of that info (some people may post feedback but I suspect a few wont).

Also, the developer is making it clear that the calibration instructions will be given if asked, so no real hindrance. If you are someone looking on a forum about the camera and you have the problem then you will probably find those threads and the solution. Most people who buy the camera probably never come to such forums (I'm assuming that, I don't know for sure) and probably aren't even aware of hot pixels.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think Dashmellow is concerned that such issues are being downplayed and attempted to be swept under the carpet. I don't think thats the case (and if it is, it hasn't worked) because the threads exist and therefore make it publicly known that more than one person has the issue. I can see his frustration that issues have been longstanding but he admits there has been a lot of work recently to fix these issues.

Last edited:
I've noticed some hot pixels on my 1 week old GC that came with beta 27 installed.

I'd prefer that the calibration was checked before it was shipped. I don't mind too much, assuming that the recalibration works when I get a chance to do it.

Just checked the footage again...It's just one hot pixel, and some dust on my monitor! :oops: I can live with that - not worth recalibrating IMO. Still, it's good to know there's something I can do if more appear.

So, uh, moving on... o_O

Will any of the beta firmware include an option to disable the "G-force event detected" footage mode entirely? The two 12" subs I have in the trunk keep triggering the SG V2, so I wind up having an entire card full of nothing but "event" footage. Honestly, with the 128 GB cards I have in there, I tend to have a week's worth of recordings anyways. Physical damage isn't a concern where it's mounted either, unless something goes airborne and by that point it's obvious who's at fault.

Running beta 26 now, judging from the ZIP file I have handy.

option to disable the "G-force event detected" footage mode entirely? The two 12" subs I have in the trunk keep triggering the SG V2, so I wind up having an entire card full of nothing but "event" footage. Honestly, with the 128 GB cards I have in there, I tend to have a week's worth of recordings anyways. Physical damage isn't a concern where it's mounted either, unless something goes airborne and by that point it's obvious who's at fault.

You can turn G-Sensor off

a598d731508759203e78a21c6d7b1d6a.jpg

don't worry about living in the past, can you install beta 29 when you get a chance and let me know how you go?
29?

You know, I should probably do some legwork before I make a feature request that has already been done :oops:

Maybe it's my screen timeout or something, but the screen is always on when I drive with the heavy bass, yet it times out appropriately when I drive without it (i.e. with passengers). I'll investigate tomorrow when I install the Git1 cameras. Thanks!

(Also thanks to Jon for the picture, I have mine mounted behind and to the right of the mirror, good to know I'm not alone in thinking that's the best spot! Out of my view, but still captures everything)

...but the screen is always on when I drive with the heavy bass, yet it times out appropriately when I drive without it...
I'm pretty sure a g-sensor triggered event will turn the screen on.

Maybe it's my screen timeout or something, but the screen is always on when I drive with the heavy bass, yet it times out appropriately when I drive without it (i.e. with passengers).

may depend on which firmware version you're on also

The folder in question is (card root)\DCIM\MOVIE\RO -- this has 38 GB of footage on my old 128 GB card that I just checked, and goes back a full week longer than the rest of the card, but also has recent files too. Haven't touched the settings since I swapped cards to the 200GB variety other than a fresh format. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree with what's in that folder, but of the random sampling of them, they all show shaking from the bass.

Even with the setting "off"? I can see if you enable it, and I believe a warning pops up also, but it shouldn't if you disable that feature.

may depend on which firmware version you're on also
Beta 26 on both of them, so quite recent.

...Even with the setting "off"? I can see if you enable it, and I believe a warning pops up also, but it shouldn't if you disable that feature.....
I thought you had it on. :confused:

Even with the setting "off"? I can see if you enable it, and I believe a warning pops up also, but it shouldn't if you disable that feature.

Beta 26 on both of them, so quite recent.

it's possibly a bug, I'll have to check

[Response deleted as it may, correction, "will" offend someone here]

See what happens when slow old people like me aren't quick enough to catch it before someones 'better judgement' deletes it. Notwithstanding that the real better judgement would have left it there. ;)

Last edited:
So, uh, moving on... o_O

Will any of the beta firmware include an option to disable the "G-force event detected" footage mode entirely? The two 12" subs I have in the trunk keep triggering the SG V2, so I wind up having an entire card full of nothing but "event" footage. Honestly, with the 128 GB cards I have in there, I tend to have a week's worth of recordings anyways. Physical damage isn't a concern where it's mounted either, unless something goes airborne and by that point it's obvious who's at fault.

Because of your speakers in the trunk which is not really problem with low sensitivity on any DVR but a man made Problem you created. Normal use maybe going over a pothole will set it off but if you end up with false saved files even if it is 5 or so files in a week is not a big deal It means you will be protected I wish my A119 would have the G-sensor get activated on a bumpy road so at least I would know its working (similar to a smoke detector in your kitchen going off if you burn your toast, at least you know its standing by)

Back