SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

So the bitrate could be higher? What's the limiting factor? Is it something like temperature, reliability, card compatibility etc., or is there no visible image quality improvement?

Very minimal performance improvement at the sacrifice of storage space. If we can add a bit rate choice in the future we will but it's not a top priority with other things on the list first

So the bitrate could be higher? What's the limiting factor? Is it something like temperature, reliability, card compatibility etc., or is there no visible image quality improvement?

possible to get minor improvements but they diminish as you go higher and higher and the things you've mentioned start to come into play

Very minimal performance improvement at the sacrifice of storage space. If we can add a bit rate choice in the future we will but it's not a top priority with other things on the list first
Good to know, thanks.

15Mbps is pretty decent, Blackspew is under 8 IIRC.

The Mobius 2's highest bitrate setting is about 45mbps. It copes well with detailed scenes in bright light, with less blocking visible. In low light it looks no better at 45mbps than 8mbps. 900Mb for a 3min clip soon uses up storage, and takes longer to download and edit. 45mbps is also a struggle to play smoothly on some computers.

Would you also need a very good lens to resolve detail properly at such bitrates?

A good lens helps regardless of the bitrate

Did I read that the next version of CPL will offer a crisper image? I've definitely found the image softer with it fitted, which is not unexpected anyway.

Always seems a shame to have to soften the image, but I know it's a trade off when trying to block reflections. I can barely see out the windscreen myself sometimes, lol.

There's four layers to the existing CPL filter, it does the job of taming reflection but there are negatives to the current version which we want to improve upon

Then I would like to suggest the Hoya HD.

There's four layers to the existing CPL filter, it does the job of taming reflection but there are negatives to the current version which we want to improve upon
Earlier in a different thread "Street Guardian USA" did say "Performance should be the same." when I asked, so I splashed out $40 and it does a pretty good job. Due to the lack of windshield reflections I can now read plates that I couldn't before.

Thread here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/cpl-status.20524/page-11

Earlier in a different thread "Street Guardian USA" did say "Performance should be the same." when I asked, so I splashed out $40 and it does a pretty good job. Due to the lack of windshield reflections I can now read plates that I couldn't before.

Thread here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/cpl-status.20524/page-11

the ability to tame the reflections should be the same, there's no noticeable difference between the filters in that respect in any side by side testing we've done

the ability to tame the reflections should be the same, there's no noticeable difference between the filters in that respect in any side by side testing we've done
And the image quality?

SG or Jokiin, is there a chance you guys will make a product WITHOUT a screen attached to it in the future?

SG or Jokiin, is there a chance you guys will make a product WITHOUT a screen attached to it in the future?
You mean remote lens DVR system, something like SGZC12RC ?

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

You mean remote lens DVR system, something like SGZC12RC ?

Yes but without the screen in order to help bring cost down. Like DDPai Mini 2 is cylinder but you use your phone to interact with it and change settings. Including format sd card. No longer do you need a computer with a product like DDpai mini 2. I just prefer the customer support of SG but I have been waiting very long for them to drop the screen from their "model" / company vision.

Yes but without the screen in order to help bring cost down. Like DDPai Mini 2 is cylinder but you use your phone to interact with it and change settings. Including format sd card. No longer do you need a computer with a product like DDpai mini 2. I just prefer the customer support of SG but I have been waiting very long for them to drop the screen from their "model" / company vision.
Removing LCD and moving operations via WiFi will not bring cost down, but I believe in 2017 we should see SG wifi dashcams as well at some stage.

Removing LCD and moving operations via WiFi will not bring cost down, but I believe in 2017 we should see SG wifi dashcams as well at some stage.

I look forward to their wifi non-LCD product in the future :)

If / when SG go there i do hope they will be able to make low latency on the image on the phone/tablet.

Back