SG9665GC or Papago P2pro

Sprag

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC G1W-C
So I'm thinking of buying a new dash am and was wondering what your input or choice would be between these two. I live in Canada so it does get pretty cold in the winter. I'm looking for a capacitor camera with decent build and video quality. I don't need GPS. Pros, cons between the two ?
Thanks !

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Good to know, Jokiin, which one would you say has better picture quality ?

the SG9665GC is my product so anything I say could be taken as biased, I do believe the newer Papago products are doing some good picture quality, that video above is from the previous generation of the same product and the original of that video looks just like that, truly terrible, I believe the new version has upgraded hardware though and should be leaps and bounds ahead of the older version, I haven't tried the new version to know how good it is, as I said they do have some models that are doing quite good video now so there are certainly models they have that are worth considering

The Sony sensor usually beats Aptina sensor products at night. (but day can be nearly equal by day depending how each firmware was tuned)

Last edited:
When you say tuned, do you mean by adjusting the exposure ?

He means how well the firmware is adjusted to suit the hardware, even if the hardware is identical the firmware can set two products apart

So I'm thinking of buying a new dash am and was wondering what your input or choice would be between these two. I live in Canada so it does get pretty cold in the winter. I'm looking for a capacitor camera with decent build and video quality. I don't need GPS. Pros, cons between the two ?
Thanks !
Good morning Sprang, Let me know if you have any retailer specific questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the SG9665GC delivered this afternoon, less than 24 hours after I ordered it from Robert at http://www.calgarydashcam.com great service and super fast shipping, half way across the country in 22 hours and now it's sitting on my front windshield ready to go. I won't hesitate to do business with Robert in the future, he retuned my calls promptly and answered my questions. 5 star customer service which is pretty hard to find these days. Thanks again !!

Got the SG9665GC delivered this afternoon, less than 24 hours after I ordered it from Robert at http://www.calgarydashcam.com great service and super fast shipping, half way across the country in 22 hours and now it's sitting on my front windshield ready to go. I won't hesitate to do business with Robert in the future, he retuned my calls promptly and answered my questions. 5 star customer service which is pretty hard to find these days. Thanks again !!

Awesome! Thrill to hear this :D
Purolator does great work when we on their express service.

You guys at CDC and Purolater lol :p

good to hear, we've had other retailers in Canada wanting our product but to be honest we're sticking with CDC as they're far more customer service oriented than anyone else that has approached us

That's for sure ! I've worked with the public for over 30 years in customer service. I'm always giving excellent customer service and it's like a breath of fresh air to finally receive some.

Back