SG9665GC V2 boot problem

rufus

Reaction score
Country
United States
I currently have a SG9665GC V2 on firmware version date:2016-08-09 ver:SG20160809.V2 (Update 3) and it is not booting properly. It is connected to switched power with the standard plug. The Street Guardian logo appears and the unit chirps, but the logo never turns off. I would expect the screen to briefly show the recording and go blank during normal operation. When the car is turned off, the logo and right led turn off slowly and the middle led turns off very slowly. I removed the SD card and the unit behaves the same. I checked the SD card and it seems the unit hasn't recorded new data for the past month or two.

What should be done next for troubleshooting?

You said its connected via standard plug, - do you mean original supplied cigarette lighter charger?

@rufus
to start, update the firmware
http://autodvr.by/download/SG9665GC_V2_beta_30.zip

8575773.jpg

What is the make and model of memory card you've been using?

The slow fade out at power off means the software has crashed, crashing during bootup is generally memory card related, if it still does the same with no card it may have corrupted the firmware if this is something that has been done over and over

First thing would be to check the health of the memory card, delete everything off the card and test it in your PC (use h2testw if you're a Windows user), if the card comes up ok try updating the firmware to the latest version which would put everything back in order on the camera, if the card shows errors get another card before updating, let us know how you go either way, if still an issue we'll explore other options

Some of the behaviour the OP has described sounds similar to what I'd experienced with the A119S when using a 3rd party 15 foot USB cable.

@rufus Which power supply and what cable length are you using?

thank you for the feedback. The unit is connected into the cigarette lighter socket using the power cable provided by SG. I am using the Transcend 32g card provided by SG. I performed a verify test with h2testw and no errors were detected. The bin file from 2016-08-09 was placed on the SD card and the car was turned on. After a few seconds, the left led quickly flashed for about 20 seconds and the the logo screen appeared. I assume that this signifies that the bin file was read correctly by the unit and the firmware was updated. Unfortunately, the logo screen never disappeared and when the car was turned off, the logo screen faded off with the middle LED slowly fading off as well. I reflashed the unit a few times and powered on the unit without the SD card, but did not find a combination where the unit booted properly(powerOn->logo->recording/menu).

Street Guardian USA has taken over warranty support for existing Pier28 Street Guardian customers. I'll send a private message. Please check your inbox (upper right) shortly.

Back