SG9665GC v3 in September 2016? [Edit: NOPE.]

yeah the local guy now hasn't been doing his bit so you'd find it impossible to buy locally right now, that's what lead to someone else getting in touch with us about it

Follow up: will the V3 be released this year or is it soon tm or should I just bite the bullet and get the v2 right now?

Follow up: will the V3 be released this year or is it soon tm or should I just bite the bullet and get the v2 right now?

this thread started because someone queried the 'new version' coming due to comments about an updated GPS, that GPS has been in circulation now for over a month already and was just a part of the incremental changes we do, since we've first started these there has been many tweaks and changes along the way and that will continue, there is another change coming that will include a CPL filter as standard, the price will be a bit higher though as a result of that, we've always absorbed the cost of all changes but there's tooling and material costs involved in this change, mass producing the filter though allows us to get a better price point than buying the camera currently and adding a separate filter, if a CPL filter was on your shopping list anyway then you might prefer to wait for that to be available

Some times i think jokiin repeat himself, but thank god he dont seem to mind that. :)

And after all it keep people enlightened in regard to the comings and goings at SG, and thats pretty nice for a consumer.

this thread started because someone queried the 'new version' coming due to comments about an updated GPS, that GPS has been in circulation now for over a month already and was just a part of the incremental changes we do, since we've first started these there has been many tweaks and changes along the way and that will continue, there is another change coming that will include a CPL filter as standard, the price will be a bit higher though as a result of that, we've always absorbed the cost of all changes but there's tooling and material costs involved in this change, mass producing the filter though allows us to get a better price point than buying the camera currently and adding a separate filter, if a CPL filter was on your shopping list anyway then you might prefer to wait for that to be available

Okay that makes sense to me, I guess the title threw me off thinking there was going to be a major hardware refresh. So from what I understand whatever I buy right now probably has a rightside up GPS if it isn't a really old version.

About how long would you say before the CPL filter is standard? If it's too long I might just buy a regular model and then add on the CPL filter myself. (I live in Canada by the way, so we always get a little ****ed on product deliveries)

there are some changes happening but that's always the case really as we've consonantly updated the product, we've only ever had one production we did where there was no change from the previous production run

actually although there is a tooling change for this new filter and it technically doesn't fit the existing camera it can be made to fit quite simply with a very minor DIY
Does that mean there's a change to the camera lens structure (geometry/dimensions/etc.) to accommodate the new filter?

Does that mean there's a change to the camera lens structure (geometry/dimensions/etc.) to accommodate the new filter?

we made a new lens housing so that the filter can clip on, if using the new filter on the old housing there's no provision for the filter to clip on, the same filter will be used on multiple models so for the new ones it was no issue as they were designed with this in mind, we decided to retool the front housing of the GC to make the filter compatible rather than making a different filter to work with the existing lens housing, it's all about making the filter more affordable by making the same filter housing work with as many models as possible, there's a significant cost saving over the current filter we use

we made a new lens housing so that the filter can clip on, if using the new filter on the old housing there's no provision for the filter to clip on, the same filter will be used on multiple models so for the new ones it was no issue as they were designed with this in mind, we decided to retool the front housing of the GC to make the filter compatible rather than making a different filter to work with the existing lens housing, it's all about making the filter more affordable by making the same filter housing work with as many models as possible, there's a significant cost saving over the current filter we use

I guess no one really knows when the "new" version will hit the shelves so I might as well buy whats out there right now. Calgary dash cams are out of SG9665GC's anyways so still have to wait anyways.

Why post some political, that you want to delete in first place, with the condition of others post needed to be delete also.....

My suggestion was that BOTH posts be deleted because neither this thread, this forum nor this site is an appropriate place for political postings/discussions.

I know the writer Dan Calabrese and where he come from, so I not surprised about what he wrote....
His views are just as valid, if not more so, as Robert Di Niro's (an actor) who spent his entire adult life in a career comprised entirely of fiction and make believe. He is hardly an expert on any subject outside of that field.

My suggestion was that BOTH posts be deleted because neither this thread, this forum nor this site is an appropriate place for political postings/discussions.[/QUOTE

The only reason you posted you post, was to get my post deleted, because it didn't fit your opinion.

You post a political message, with the knowledge of breaking the forum rule.

but in the interest of 'fairness' I submit the following:
You play judge and make you own decision, when you think your are equal. There is no excuse for what come out of Mr. Trump mouth and he know, he got an microphone on him.

I can see from other of your posting, you don't mind political stuff, as long it posted by you.

So spare my this childish behavior.

Sorry Jokiin, I didn't what to steal your thread. So no more post from me relating to this subject.

Back