SG9665GC v3 in September 2016? [Edit: NOPE.]

StrikeZone

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
SG9665GC v2
Hello @Pier28, I hope you can shed some light on this:

I noticed you made a comment on amazon.com stating that a new updated SG9665GC might be available around Sep 2016 with an updated GPS connection.

Can you please provide any other information on what kinds of new updates we can expect in this new dashcam, and when it might be available? I am particularly interested in the option for a suction cup mount, and if there will be any improvement on how the CPL filter is attached, perhaps leading to a cheaper CPL.

I am asking because I want to know whether I should place another order now or wait until September.

It's a few months away. The GPS will come pre-flipped for windshield mounting. You'll no longer have to follow the flip procedure

and the cord will be shorter.

The existing non-flipped dashboard long corded GPS will then become an optimal accessory.

The CPL housing attachment re-tooling might not be ready until 2 productions from now.

Long story short go ahead and order sooner rather than later

GPS is the same type but will have a shorter cable and will be setup to mount directly to the window

Suction cup mount won't be happening

We are working on a CPL filter now that will be at a reduced cost to the current solution, not ready as yet though

Thanks for the info. I'm waiting patiently for it to come back in stock on Amazon.ca.

Thanks for the info. I'm waiting patiently for it to come back in stock on Amazon.ca.

Amazon.ca is processing the incoming shipment as we speak.

Jul 28, 2016 12:00:00 PM - BRAMPTON CA - Delivered

Jul 28, 2016 05:04:00 AM - CONCORD ON CA - Out for delivery

Jul 27, 2016 08:45:00 PM - CONCORD ON CA - Arrival Scan

Jul 27, 2016 04:50:00 PM - WINDSOR ON CA - Departure Scan

Jul 27, 2016 04:44:00 PM - WINDSOR ON CA - Shipment received by carrier

Awesome! Hopefully they update their stock before this upcoming long weekend.

If one was to order soon would it come with pre-flipped GPS or is that still a month or so away?

There is some stock already in circulation that has the window mount GPS, depends where you are and what stock your local seller has

Based in New Zealand, was just going to order from the amazon.com link

What's the story with the updated CPL filter? Is that able to be purchased separately at a later stage?

Current cpl is available now, updated cpl is coming but will be included with the camera, they won't be available until later next month

Current cpl is available now, updated cpl is coming but will be included with the camera, they won't be available until later next month
So if we wait a bit, we get the v3 with short GPS :) and the new CPL included :D

Based in New Zealand, was just going to order from the amazon.com link

What's the story with the updated CPL filter? Is that able to be purchased separately at a later stage?

New Zealand/Australia isn't available as a shipping destination for Street Guardian USA listings.

Was about to buy v2 this week, should I wait for V3? and when avilable in Oz?

the retail price will rise and will include a CPL filter in the kit, the current version is quite cheap if that 15% off deal is still going on eBay

New Zealand/Australia isn't available as a shipping destination for Street Guardian USA listings.

Interesting, according to Amazon it ships fine..
1LZCksg.png

are you anywhere near Wellington by any chance?

I live in Wellington, why's that?

Oh cool, hopefully that makes them more readily available here

Back