SG9665GC v3 in September 2016? [Edit: NOPE.]

the included power supply is 1A, what's important is that the output voltage is stable, a lot of them aren't

So I know it runs of 5V and i'll need a good quality cable, but will 2.4amps be enough to power the dash cam properly ?
Preface: As I was looking for a link to my Anker I discovered it us 2.4A per port for a total of 4.8A ;) https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61-CJpIPpPL._SL1500_.jpg

My Anker has powered 2 cams reliably though I normally use it for one. The usual recommendation for one cam is 1.5A, yet the actual current drawn is usually well under 1A. Part of the reason for the disparity is safety: Better to not run the PS at it's full output or overdraw from it. Another part is that many of the lesser PS's are over-rated and will not deliver what they are advertised at; Most which are rated 1.5A or more have been shown to support a cam reliably.

You absolutely need a solid and dependable power source just as you absolutely need a high quality recommended SD card; half of the problems reported with dashcams are traced to these two places.
Going cheap here isn't worth the risk of not having the recording you need when things go wrong :eek:

Phil

I'm using one with five ports from Anker, haven't had any issues powering up to 4 dash cams simultaneously (SG9665GC included).
Thats my future goal to have it power a few cams. But since it's getting installed in a friends car it's just temporary till the 2Ch StreetGuardians come out which we'll hardwire.
But being able to run multiple cameras of it, seems really good. As I wouldn't mind doing that in the near future with my car.

Preface: As I was looking for a link to my Anker I discovered it us 2.4A per port for a total of 4.8A ;) https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61-CJpIPpPL._SL1500_.jpg

My Anker has powered 2 cams reliably though I normally use it for one. The usual recommendation for one cam is 1.5A, yet the actual current drawn is usually well under 1A. Part of the reason for the disparity is safety: Better to not run the PS at it's full output or overdraw from it. Another part is that many of the lesser PS's are over-rated and will not deliver what they are advertised at; Most which are rated 1.5A or more have been shown to support a cam reliably.

You absolutely need a solid and dependable power source just as you absolutely need a high quality recommended SD card; half of the problems reported with dashcams are traced to these two places.
Going cheap here isn't worth the risk of not having the recording you need when things go wrong :eek:

Phil

Absolutely I couldn't agree more, if i'm spending that much money on a dash cam I want to make sure i'm powering it correctly. Anker has so many products on their website it's hard to know which will be fit for purpose. I'm going to make sure I get a good power supply and cable as I want the camera to work properly and not run into any issues.

I'm using one with five ports from Anker, haven't had any issues powering up to 4 dash cams simultaneously (SG9665GC included).
I'm probably using the same 5-port Anker for my SG9665GC - no issues so far.

Back