SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

I see my color guessing skills are as good as my lotto winning skills :rolleyes:

(Note that Street Guardian has followed industry standard RED/YELLOW descriptions where some other products on the market RED/YELLOW are the opposite of what they should be)

I am using to filter reflections,,,,,, in the windscreen of the car behind me.
+1. I want to be able to prove the person who hit me in the rear was on their no-so-smart phone at the time.

500px-Electrical_fuses%2C_blade_type.svg.png
If anyone with a 2017 Subaru Outback is wondering, it uses low profile mini fuses.

Last edited:
If anyone with a 2017 Subaru Outback is wondering, it uses low profile mini fuses.

Thanks, We are keeping a list of what we've learned so far. We'll probably create a separate thread or even public WiKi page we can all edit in the near future.

2010 Audi A5 Cabrio (2.0l TFSI engine) (Mini ATO)
2010 Mazda 3 (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2010 Toyota Corolla (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2011 Camry (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2012 Honda Civic SI (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2015 Prius. Normal Prius (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2017 Subaru Outback (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2017 Toyota Tacoma (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2018 Cadillac CTS-V (Mini ATO)
2018 Ford F-150 Lariat (Micro 2)
2018 Ford C-Max (Mini ATO)
2018 Genesis G80 sport (Micro 2)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2018 Nissan Maxima (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2018 Porsche Macan (ATO)
2018 Subaru WRX (Mini ATO)

Last edited:
Opel/Vauxhall Insignia / Buick Regal 2008-2017 (Mini)

Ill contribute with my mini car when its wired up and i an 100% sure it can be done only using the mini ATO fuses

Thanks, We are keeping a list of what we've learned so far. We'll probably create a separate thread or even public WiKi page we can all edit in the near future.

2010 Audi A5 Cabrio (2.0l TFSI engine) (Mini ATO)
2010 Mazda 3 (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2010 Toyota Corolla (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2011 Camry (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2012 Honda Civic SI (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2015 Prius. Normal Prius (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2017 Subaru Outback (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2017 Toyota Tacoma (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2018 Cadillac CTS-V (Mini ATO)
2018 Ford F-150 Lariat (Micro 2)
2018 Ford C-Max (Mini ATO)
2018 Genesis G80 sport (Micro 2)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2018 Nissan Maxima (Mini ATO Low Profile)
2018 Porsche Macan (ATO)
2018 Subaru WRX (Mini ATO)
Great idea! Answers a lot of questions.

SGDCHW Hardwiring kit opens access to the Parking Mode Recording settings (see below)

When SG9663DC is switched to the parking mode you will see the "clock" icon in the top right corner.

SGDCHW screen icon.jpg

SGDCHW Parking Monitor Menu 1.jpg

SGDCHW Parking Monitor Menu 2.jpg

SGDCHW Shutdown Timer (1).jpg

SGDCHW Shutdown Timer (2).jpg

SGDCHW Shutdown Timer (3).jpg

Where do you set the low voltage cutoff point?

@niko I take it that we need to message you which fuse type we need since there is no option to chose on your site?

Reactions: TNT
USA stock arrived, all SGGCHW pre-orders are shipped!
I'm heading to the post office now so they get in the system sooner.

We updated the website description more since some people were confused when it just said "Type 1" "Type 2"
Now there is a full explanation in orange text above that as well. (We'll change the "Pre-order" to "In Stock" shortly too)

1530833766085.png
1530833878628.png

You can add to wiki fuse list my Kia Optima 2018 is using Micro2 also wife's Kia Forte 2014, so guess later years Kia are more then likely all Micro2

Yeah that's amazing, hopefully Canada won't be much further back, almost pulled the trigger and ordered to go across the border to pickup, just work is not allowing for much free time anyway.

Question hopefully wasn't asked before... Is there a difference in camera draw between using 1 / 2 / 5 FPS ? Also any thermal protection available or only low voltage cut off ?

Question hopefully wasn't asked before... Is there a difference in camera draw between using 1 / 2 / 5 FPS ?

none

Also any thermal protection available or only low voltage cut off ?

no, haven't found any thermal cutoff that works reliably enough to be able to offer this

thanks, so I'll keep it at 5 FPS then, not worried much about temperature considering the 12RC worked in parking mode, and still works fine and had the Multi Safe low voltage only

Yeah that's amazing, hopefully Canada won't be much further back, almost pulled the trigger and ordered to go across the border to pickup, just work is not allowing for much free time anyway

@Street Guardian Canada should have an update for you soon

Back