SGGCX2Pro+ 2020 Video Skipping/freezing issues

vanxy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have purchased the upgraded (+) version from Amazon in October, I have had a few issues with the device skipping during video, audio still records normal. After my initial testing, trying to figure it out and upgrading the software I tested it again and thought it was good to go. Last video test was December. This morning I was in an accident, told the officer I have a dash camera to back up my claims, checking my camera just now, I have went through all of my data, only to find that there is a frozen frame, while still recording GPS, audio. It is well reasonably assured that I am screwed now, because I have no proof that I was in the clear, and the other driver was trying to blame me. Hopefully the GPS/audio will help my case with the incident. I am very least disappointed, and there is a great deal of certainty I will be moving on from this camera.

Notes: Using Samsung 128 PRO Endurance SD card, making mention of this as I saw another post regarding issues with the SD card included.
Vehicle was warmed up, prior to incident.
Was on recent firmware updated.

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
almost always a memory card problem with this issue, was a known issue with recent Transcend cards in particular, Samsung cards are usually ok but it would be worth testing the card anyway to be sure, start with h2testw to confirm that the card is good (post back a screenshot of the results if you're not sure what they mean), a full overwrite format using SDformatter can generally restore a card that has issues

Edit, before you run any tests go to the playback menu in the camera and try playing the file, the camera has a built in repair function that can fix damaged files, if you run the tests above you will lose that option

OP
V

vanxy

Reaction score
Country
United States
almost always a memory card problem with this issue, was a known issue with recent Transcend cards in particular, Samsung cards are usually ok but it would be worth testing the card anyway to be sure, start with h2testw to confirm that the card is good (post back a screenshot of the results if you're not sure what they mean), a full overwrite format using SDformatter can generally restore a card that has issues

Edit, before you run any tests go to the playback menu in the camera and try playing the file, the camera has a built in repair function that can fix damaged files, if you run the tests above you will lose that option
I will give that a try and get back to you. Thank you.

CaptureYourAction

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo, GitUp
The Samsung Pro Endurance is a highly recommended card for dash cameras, but I see a lot users with issues who are using these cards. Could very well be a coincidence, who knows. I usually recommend the SanDisk High Endurance over the Samsung Pro Endurance due to this. Heck, I usually recommend the Samsung EVO Select over the Samsung Pro Endurance. Would be interesting to see if the card is the issue here as well.

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Even the best cards can fail, my biggest memory card disappointments all hail from some of the most expensive and high end cards i have gotten ( at the time )
But those 2 cards i got replaced ASAP, one by Amazon and the other by the seller on Amazon, and that wasent the seller that sent me a new card, it came strait from PNY Europe ( which as i recall was in Holland )

You could also have been unlucky with your dashcam system, but then on this parameter you got the right brand for such things.