SGGCX2PRO+ beta firmware

Thanks for the quick reply. When I hit the emergency button (or the g-sensor is tripped) it saves the "video" in the RO folder. If I remember correctly (before the new beta firmware) ... if I quick pressed the menu button it would take a "photo" while recording and it was placed in a separate photos folder. This feature has been deleted, correct?
just the photo when you press the menu button has been deleted, the other functions are the same

@jokiin , What was the change to the rear camera driver? I'll be updating tomorrow and would like to know what to be on the lookout for.
newer driver for the rear camera, there was a small bug in the previous driver that affected a couple of users

Where is the Pro+ 9/19 release available for download? ALl I get are the release notes.

Where is the Pro+ 9/19 release available for download? ALl I get are the release notes.

Click link on first post.

ac186d235fff179f3816f982ad722225.jpg

After trying out the v.1 2.7 beta firmware in my sggcx2pro+ ... it appears that the video bitrate was increased somewhat (quality setting on my cam is on "high"). Has the other two quality settings (low and medium) been increased also?

PS, the video quality with the new higher bitrate is amazing! I really love the improvement. Thanks! [emoji4]

Last edited:
Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO with firmware V1-28.
Day, sun, CPL.

Day, city, CPL.

jokiin, is it possible in the mode 1920*1080*30 make the bitrate more, at least up to 30 MB / s? I think at night in this mode the picture would be more interesting.
And during the day, this mode could be used quite comfortably.

Last edited:
jokiin, is it possible in the mode 1920*1080*30 make the bitrate more, at least up to 30 MB / s? I think at night in this mode the picture would be more interesting.
And during the day, this mode could be used quite comfortably.
it's technically possible in single channel mode, we're still looking at other image quality related adjustments first though

Understood, thanks. I will try night shooting in 30 fps mode with a bitrate of 20 MB / s. I Want to see if in this mode the picture is lighter than with 60 fps.

Understood, thanks. I will try night shooting in 30 fps mode with a bitrate of 20 MB / s. I Want to see if in this mode the picture is lighter than with 60 fps.
That’s not how that works. If you notice any compression artifacts, those might be reduced at a higher bit rate (not Byte rate...that’s 20Mbps).

That’s not how that works. If you notice any compression artifacts, those might be reduced at a higher bit rate (not Byte rate...that’s 20Mbps).
That's understandable, but I'm talking about something else... interesting mode 30 fps at night. Here and 20 MB/s will suffice. Day for me more suited regime 60 fps, 30 MB/sec.

Last edited:
That's understandable, but I'm talking about something else... interesting mode 30 fps at night. Here and 20 MB/s will suffice. Day for me more suited regime 60 fps, 30 MB/sec.
Ok, but to be clear “MB/sec” refers to MegaBytes per second. The setting is bitrate, not Byterate. 30 MB/sec would equal to 240 Mb/sec (Mbps).

Ok, but to be clear “MB/sec” refers to MegaBytes per second. The setting is bitrate, not Byterate. 30 MB/sec would equal to 240 Mb/sec (Mbps).
Okay, but to be clear, I'm aware of the difference between megabits and megabytes. This should be taught to the built-in translator.
I do not know English, translates built-in browser translator.

Apologies in advance for my silly question. On the SG website there is a firmware version 1.29. Does the 1.29 firmware supersede the 1.27 beta version in the first post? I would have thought so, but maybe beta versions are numbered differently.

Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO+, Firmware V1-28. 1920х1080 30fps 20Mbs +CPL. City, evening, rain.

Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO+, firmware V1-29. 1920x1080, 60fps, 35Mbs, +CPL. Day, city, cloudy:

Back