Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Release version http://bit.ly/SGGCX2PROplusFirmwareV1-29

Thread will be updated when newer beta available

Note that using beta firmware will NOT void your warranty, links to previous release versions are included in the notes should you want to roll back

Release notes attached

Last edited:

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
While on the subject of F/W updates I have a couple of 'wish list' items.

1 - When doing an 'in camera' format of the SD card would it be possible to retain the volume label that's on the card rather than resetting it to a default value? I have multiple cards and use the label as a means of keeping track of them and in which cameras they're being used. Not a big deal but would be a 'nice to have' thing.

2 - Probably not at all possible but is there any chance that some/all the user settings could be preserved when doing a F/W update? Again, not a big deal but a nice to have.

OP
jokiin

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not sure it would even be possible to retain the volume label when formatting like you can when doing a quick format in a PC

Retaining the settings isn't something we can do with the current way the firmware/hardware is done, we do have another method to quickly load user settings but still testing that at the moment

TheTonyAnderson

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGGC2XPRO
I don't know if it's already been mentioned elsewhere, but I noticed that the directional indicators (^v) at the bottom of the menu are no longer accurate. To go up or down through the menu, we press the 2 buttons on the right. However, the indicators now show that you are to use the 2nd button to go up and the 4th button to go down. I haven't updated since 1.17, so I don't know when this popped up.

OP
jokiin

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'll try to get a picture of it if it helps.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I just rolled back to the release version, it was different, but it wasn't above the corresponding buttons either, in saying that though I'll have a look at changing the layout and adjusting them to match the buttons so it's more obvious, thanks for the feedback :)

TheTonyAnderson

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGGC2XPRO
I just rolled back to the release version, it was different, but it wasn't above the corresponding buttons either, in saying that though I'll have a look at changing the layout and adjusting them to match the buttons so it's more obvious, thanks for the feedback :)
Sounds good. Thanks for the quick response.

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Last edited:

alexsoll

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Belarus
Dash Cam
Street Guardian, BlackVue, TrendVision

spytek

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO+
Hello all ... first time poster here. I bought the SGGCX2PRO+ a few weeks back and absolutely love it. I have owned 3 other dashcams and this one blows all the others away (even my Opia2).

My question is ... does anyone have an update on the V.1-23 beta firmware? Has there been any issues with it? I was thinking about trying it out.

Thanks in advance!

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
No SG firmware's are pretty safe to use, they have been around the block with the boss and a few others before we get to give them a spin too, i also think it said somewhere that beta firmware's do not void warranty or something to that degree.
Just be sure to follow the included "how to" install a new firmware.

Last edited: