SGGCX2PRO+ beta firmware

Judging by the pictures in the firmware MOD thread, i would venture to say game-changer.
ATM the low light footage on my DR are pretty noisy, so improvements in noise reduction are also very welcome here.
So when the new stuff filter out to all the other models, then if all things are fair, there should be accolade to SG.

I must be doing something wrong this time. It's not updating me past the previous version I had on there (1.27). Anyone able to confirm real quick that you used the link from the original post to update to 1.32? Thanks guys!

...Anyone able to confirm real quick that you used the link from the original post to update to 1.32? Thanks guys!
I just did about 2 hours ago. Updated with no problems.

Are you sure you followed the update instructions properly?

I just did about 2 hours ago. Updated with no problems.

Are you sure you followed the update instructions properly?
Yeah. I probably flubbed it up on my end somehow. Lol. Thanks for the quick reply.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I must be doing something wrong this time. It's not updating me past the previous version I had on there (1.27). Anyone able to confirm real quick that you used the link from the original post to update to 1.32? Thanks guys!
Do you have an X2PRO or X2PRO+ camera?

X2PRO+

Edit for clarification: SGGC2XPRO+

Sent using the three shells in the bathroom.
make sure you extract the file, don't double click to open and copy from there, also make sure the card is formatted in the camera prior to copying the update

if you still have issues let us know

... also make sure the card is formatted in the camera prior to copying the update

if you still have issues let us know

Thanks jokiin, this was exactly it. I pulled the card from the camera and formatted it with my laptop (face-palm). This time I formatted it with the camera, put it in my laptop, deleted the only unhidden folder (DCIM folder) manually instead of formatting it.

Thanks again. I'm all set up and good to go. :)

Sent using the three shells in the bathroom.

Last edited:
the changes just relate to WDR
Had a chance to test the new F/W with WDR on and off a few days ago on an 'out and back' trip. Had WDR off when I left and turned it on before returning. Driving the same roads with the same lighting within an hour. It works really well in bringing out more detail in shadow areas. (y)

Had a chance to test the new F/W with WDR on and off a few days ago on an 'out and back' trip. Had WDR off when I left and turned it on before returning. Driving the same roads with the same lighting within an hour. It works really well in bringing out more detail in shadow areas. (y)
thanks for the feedback, I haven't had much of a chance to check it myself as I'm running all different models at the moment

Seem like that is a good idea running alpha hardware now that Australia have powered up its defensive shield again ( closed borders )

So WDR should always be enabled or is this only good for night time?

Can run it on all the time

I see. Curious, if WDR is really good, why would there be an option to disable it? Is it more processing intensive = more heat?? Or what are the disadvantages.

I see. Curious, if WDR is really good, why would there be an option to disable it? Is it more processing intensive = more heat?? Or what are the disadvantages.
we haven't finished fine tuning the WDR so it has been off until now, once it's dialed in it will be on by default

If it work well WDR are a nice thing to have, but in most cameras WDR function are very basis and it can even be worse to use.

...Or what are the disadvantages.
If you want to consider it a 'disadvantage' then having WDR on will reduce the overall contrast of the video/image making it appear 'flatter' but it has the effect of adding detail to areas in shadow. It's especially noticeable in duller/overcast conditions. Nothing to do with any specific camera though, it's just a matter of how WDR works in general. In very simplistic terms think of it as 'adding light' to shadowed areas and 'removing light' from overly bright areas.

Back