Shadow 1s Car DVR FullHD 30FPS with light sensor by SeeZeus

the electronics (processor, CMOS sensor etc) are generally rated up to around 70°c, that's fairly typical, memory cards are good for 80°c to 85°c so there are limiting factors before you get to the housings, like anything you're only as strong as your weakest link

the electronics (processor, CMOS sensor etc) are generally rated up to around 70°c, that's fairly typical, memory cards are good for 80°c to 85°c so there are limiting factors before you get to the housings, like anything you're only as strong as your weakest link

This 3m double sided tape maybe the answer to the heat problem

- Model: 9080.

- Material: EVA.

- High Quality & Very High Bond.

- High density and flexibility. Pressure Sensitive.

- Excellent performance for vibration and anti-crack.

- Ideal for rough and uneven surfaces.

- Weather resistant.

- Temperature resistance for along time 93° Celsius. In short time 149° Celsius.

- Good isolation and buffering.

I returned a Mini 0826 as the case warped in the Aussie sun. This seems to be a common problems with the Mini series in our summer sun. I have just received a Shadow 1s and will see how it goes. It seems to be rated to a higher temperature.

I returned a Mini 0826 as the case warped in the Aussie sun. This seems to be a common problems with the Mini series in our summer sun. I have just received a Shadow 1s and will see how it goes. It seems to be rated to a higher temperature.

I'm not wrapped with the halve moon reflection from the glass/dash with Shadow 1s

Attachments

• 2016-05-09_23-43-39.jpg
    2016-05-09_23-43-39.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 27
it would need a CPL filter to clear that up

That's what I thought, however they don't make one for it apparently :( looks like I have no choice, seems there's only one to buy, which is reliable and has brilliant after sales service.

to be fair not every install will need one, how much reflection you get varies from car to car
What would happen if you tilted the lens up so you only get about halve of the bonnet,

should add that with the 1S that may not even be an option, it has very poor range of motion that you can actually adjust the lens, bit of a design flaw really

it has very poor range of motion that you can actually adjust the lens

Yes, very strange design. It works fine on my car (2015 Nissan X-Trail) but I can see they have really limited the applications with this.

Yes, very strange design. It works fine on my car (2015 Nissan X-Trail) but I can see they have really limited the applications with this.

yeah I had a look at it when I was in China and was really surprised they got this so wrong, very limiting

should add that with the 1S that may not even be an option, it has very poor range of motion that you can actually adjust the lens, bit of a design flaw really

Is that the only flaw it has, how reliable is it? Yeah I know I'm putting you on the spot :D

Is that the only flaw it has, how reliable is it? Yeah I know I'm putting you on the spot :D

that's a design flaw (my opinion) which limits the applications, how reliable this product is I have no idea, their (Shadow) product is generally decent build quality, their biggest shortcomings in the past have been related to batteries and poor handling of firmware updates and model variants, eg GT680W had multiple variants of the same model with no simple way to tell them apart, no way to easily ID which firmware belonged to which version, which GPS belonged to which version etc and was very confusing for the end user, they have strange ways of doing things which I've never really understood, I think they're a company that has more potential then their management style has been able to realise

I have had the 1s now for about a month I guess. So far I have had no issues as far as reliability, and this is in Thailand heat. Seems quite stable.

I have had the 1s now for about a month I guess. So far I have had no issues as far as reliability, and this is in Thailand heat. Seems quite stable.
Did buy from a online store?

Back