Shadow GT680W

About the firmware version number, the version number is different for different market.
For china market, the version is v2.7, for overseas market, the latest FW version is v2.2.
Foxoffer, I have
Thank you. Will wait for new update.
Foxoffer link and instructions to V2.2G firmware

Foxoffer, I have

Foxoffer link and instructions to V2.2G firmware

There is a dilemma on which is more complete ( latest, tested, with no bugs ): v2.2G or v2.2E ?

There is a dilemma on which is more complete ( latest, tested, with no bugs ): v2.2G or v2.2E ?
V2.2G installed no problems. As you know I have been having problems with the unit freezing since receiving it last friday. I had it recording for 9 hours last night, the first since receiving it without any problems. I did not connect the Gps module as it seems a bit of a waste of time at the minute until the issue with it locking on has been resolved by the manufacturer.

V2.2G installed no problems. As you know I have been having problems with the unit freezing since receiving it last friday. I had it recording for 9 hours last night, the first since receiving it without any problems. I did not connect the Gps module as it seems a bit of a waste of time at the minute until the issue with it locking on has been resolved by the manufacturer.
About the freezing problem, shadow told me maybe it will happen when low voltage, only few pieces, this problem rarely occurs.
When freezing, try to reset the camera.
If keep freezing, i recommend ship back to exchange.

About the freezing problem, shadow told me maybe it will happen when low voltage, only few pieces, this problem rarely occurs.
When freezing, try to reset the camera.
If keep freezing, i recommend ship back to exchange.
I have reset and am also using the correct power lead which came with the camera. I have also used it both through a 12v and a 24v output in my car and truck. I am now waiting for foxoffer to come back to me with either something new to try or the ok and instructions of how to ship back.

A couple of night recordings from the GT680W...a wet (as usual) Irish night on both lit and unlit roads. These are not the normal weather and lighting conditions I see on youtube videos, so I thought it may be worth posting as not everyone drives at night in well lit town centres/motorways. Anyway I hope they are useful to someone. I think the camera performed well considering how bad the conditions were.

About the firmware version number, there is no V2.2E version, the version name V2.2E is v2.2G. So the latest is v2.2g.

About the GPS module, manufacturer plan to use high quality Taiwan GPS module, once it ready foxoffer will start to sell the GT680W GPS version.
This new module is same as GT550WS GPS module, price will be higher, at least $26

About the GPS module, manufacturer plan to use high quality Taiwan GPS module, once it ready foxoffer will start to sell the GT680W GPS version.
This new module is same as GT550WS GPS module, price will be higher, at least $26
Is foxoffer going to replace the module supplied with cameras already sold that are not working?

Is foxoffer going to replace the module supplied with cameras already sold that are not working?
Foxoffer will contact Shadow tec see if they have solution about the GPS module replacement work.
If they don't want replace or refund, foxoffer will find a solution.

Foxoffer will contact Shadow tec see if they have solution about the GPS module replacement work.
If they don't want replace or refund, foxoffer will find a solution.
Thanks! That's progress for us who's stuck with non-working GPS modules.. do you have a timeline when the solution will come? its been a month since I've received my set from Foxoffer and the GPS still not locking.. not a pip... :confused:

Thanks! That's progress for us who's stuck with non-working GPS modules.. do you have a timeline when the solution will come? its been a month since I've received my set from Foxoffer and the GPS still not locking.. not a pip... :confused:
I have found that mine locks on to the satellite instantly if i have the GPS module outside on the roof.

I have found that mine locks on to the satellite instantly if i have the GPS module outside on the roof.

Ummm.. thats not exactly a practical solution for the rest of us.... But thanks for the info... Might help to show that either its our car sun film blocking the GPS signals from getting into the car, or the GPS module itself is weak....

We talked with the manufacture, they required us to send the defective one to get replace.
But if we asked customer to ship the defective GPS Module back, it will cost much for shipping.
So we will send new GPS module directly to who get the defective one before.
Just send the email to foxoffer support email, foxoffer will process to ship the new module soon.
Please notice the new module will be available on next week, it still need wait for some days to get it in stock.

We talked with the manufacture, they required us to send the defective one to get replace.
But if we asked customer to ship the defective GPS Module back, it will cost much for shipping.
So we will send new GPS module directly to who get the defective one before.
Just send the email to foxoffer support email, foxoffer will process to ship the new module soon.
Please notice the new module will be available on next week, it still need wait for some days to get it in stock.
This is excellent news for anyone with a defective module.
Hi, billnow, I am still waiting for details of how to send my defective camera back, can you follow up for me, I believe you have the details from my reply to you on my profile page.

cheers

saw the "all black" version of gt680w on seezeus website, is this available on foxoffer soon together with the new gps? wld you-gurus also advice if i shld get rx300 instead of gt680w? rx300 is bigger in size thou..txs!

saw the "all black" version of gt680w on seezeus website, is this available on foxoffer soon together with the new gps? wld you-gurus also advice if i shld get rx300 instead of gt680w? rx300 is bigger in size thou..txs!
I would not advise the purchase of a gt680w to anyone, received my camera on 18th october, purchased the gps option. As everyone knows the gps does not work (obviously a lot of pre-sales product testing had been done before release, not). Also my unit intermittently freezes (the latest firmware is installed), and foxoffer support is non-existent...I have sent numerous emails with little/no response. Currently the camera has been put back in the box as it cannot be relied on, I like to watch the road, not my camera to see if it is still recording or has frozen, again!

I would not advise the purchase of a gt680w to anyone, received my camera on 18th october, purchased the gps option. As everyone knows the gps does not work (obviously a lot of pre-sales product testing had been done before release, not). Also my unit intermittently freezes (the latest firmware is installed), and foxoffer support is non-existent...I have sent numerous emails with little/no response. Currently the camera has been put back in the box as it cannot be relied on, I like to watch the road, not my camera to see if it is still recording or has frozen, again!
Foxoffer replied about how to ship it back.

About the freezes problem, I only heard this one unit got this problem, after received the returned camera, will send to manufacture to check.

The old version GPS module can work well in China, but have some problem in other countries.
So now Shadow plan to provide new high quality GPS module to overseas country, but still use old version module in China.

Busy season is coming, sometimes can not reply email so fast as before, I'd highly appreciate for your understand.

Back