Shadow GT680W

That's what I am talking about. The camera keep showing me that it protects files.
I am sure that FoxOffer read this :) . I hope this bug will be fixed with the next fw. I am very satisfied with GT680W. Many thanks for Foxoffer .

if it shows as protected but doesn't protect them is different to actually deleting the file, which is it?

I looked better on sdcard now . it does not delete the 11th file . it deletes the 1st protected file from protected folder

the alternative is to not protect the 11th file, I think you should probably get in the habit of copying your files off more frequently, I don't really see this as something that needs fixing, if it were deleting the file you were trying to protect sure, but that's not the case

I copy my files to computer every evening when I arrive home. I use the camera 8-9 hours /day . Yesterday use it for 5-6 hours and I have 3.58 GB free space o sdcard. There is enough space left there. I think that the camera should UNPROTECT the 1st file from protected folder when it reaches 11 protected files... not to start deleting older ones... if you know what I mean

FYI
GT680 is now available from foxoffer in black.

Last edited:
I copy my files to computer every evening when I arrive home. I use the camera 8-9 hours /day . Yesterday use it for 5-6 hours and I have 3.58 GB free space o sdcard. There is enough space left there. I think that the camera should UNPROTECT the 1st file from protected folder when it reaches 11 protected files... not to start deleting older ones... if you know what I mean

what you're talking about is not simple, the Novatek platform is not very advanced, it does good video but advanced file handling is not what the product is about, it is built to a price

The 2.4G fw does a better file handling than the 2,5G version. It creates a folder with all protected file and it's easyer to find and work with them. I hope that the next fw will be more advanced than 2.4G an it will have a better handling of protected files :)

there are limitations to what's possible with the platform, not sure why you're getting more than 10 events in a day but it may be something that can't be altered so you may have to learn to live with it or change cards at lunchtime or whatever

I think the increase of protected files from 10 to 15 will be an easy way to solve this little problem. I hope the manufacturer will think about this option in the future :)

I think the increase of protected files from 10 to 15 will be an easy way to solve this little problem. I hope the manufacturer will think about this option in the future :)

depending on bitrate, recycle length and memory card size that could very easily leave you with not enough room to be practical for the actual recordings

You are right . They can also put that as an option in the menu .
Ex: If your memory card size is small , you can choose the maximum number of protected files to be 10

You are right . They can also put that as an option in the menu .
Ex: If your memory card size is small , you can choose the maximum number of protected files to be 10

I doubt this could be done with a Novatek based product

I have a question, a 64GB Micro SD card will work for this camera right?

Just installed my camera today for the first time. Very impressed with this device.

Here's my first submission (Enjoy the beautiful sky)

they only specify 32gb, if 64gb does work it would need to be formatted in your PC using a special program and you would not be able to format in the camera anytime

The meximum FAT32 size (partition table type that the camera uses) that Windows XP can format is 32GB so for backwards compatibility I dont think it would work. The camera will probably just make a 32GB partition on that card when it formats.

The meximum FAT32 size that Windows XP can format is 32GB so for backwards compatibility I dont think it would work. The camera will probably just make a 32GB partition on that card when it formats.

if you format the card using a 3rd party utility the camera can sometimes see them and use it all (varies by both card and camera), the camera can't format the card though so if it ever glitches out on the road and needs formatting you'd end up stuck, in this case I'd suggest carrying a spare card that the camera can use

This is from Foxoffer "We only test it with sandisk ultra class10 64gb card, it works well."
So you guys think it will work different brands?

Was going to pull the trigger on a GT680W (all black version when available) but this gives me pause.
Probably wouldn't hold the date for more than a week if it's in a car that not driven daily.
The GT2S can't be released fast enough, need a DVR 027 replacement asap :)

Can one of the experienced users here comment on what data is lost when the cam's battery is completely drained? I am assuming time/date at minimum - what about language settings etc? Also, how many days of non-operation until the battery is completely drained? TIA

If a battery is completely drained or non functional, apart from the date and time the last file before power off may not be saved properly.
Other settings should not change unless you do a reset to default values.

Back