Shadow GT680W

Which one is better ? GT680W or RX300 ?
Pls advise.

Next week I will post review of RX300, then can compare and tell results.

Just receive the new GPS antenna from Foxoffer. Everything works perfect now . Thank you Foxoffer !

Received my replacement GT680W yesterday from foxoffer (my original unit kept freezing), used it for 9 hours last night, all seems perfect. I have not downloaded the files yet but assume that gps has recorded as it should as no-one else seems to have any problems with the new unit.
My unit was replaced with a black housing...I much prefer the black, I believe it looks better and is would be more discreet for anyone leaving it in there vehicle ( I drive multiple vehicles in work so remove it after use).
I would like to thank Billknow for pushing the replacement with customer services.
:) happy, happy, happy

I have been using the GT680W for a couple of nights now...9 hour per night, no more freezing problems, obviously my first unit was defective. I think picture quality is better on this unit also, colours more realistic and night quality clearer. I am now very happy with my purchase, just got to figure a way of attaching the GPS unit permanently to the camera as I move between multiple vehicles and it is a pain attaching the wires over and over, besides inserting and extracting the gps unit twice per night adds extra wear and tear on the connections as seen with the GS8000.

Mine also come with black housing, however the software fail to playback video on PC, it only shows the GPS location in map

Mine also come with black housing, however the software fail to playback video on PC, it only shows the GPS location in map

From which re-seller you bought yours? Foxoffer or ... ?

You are right . They can also put that as an option in the menu .
Ex: If your memory card size is small , you can choose the maximum number of protected files to be 10
Last time I had a Korean made recorder where the user can fix the percentage of space allocation of protected file
From which re-seller you bought yours? Foxoffer or ... ?
I stay in Malaysia, working in Singapore. In this region, we engage service agent namely "65Daigou" to deal with Taobao sellers

Last time I had a Korean made recorder where the user can fix the percentage of space allocation of protected file

I stay in Malaysia, working in Singapore. In this region, we engage service agent namely "65Daigou" to deal with Taobao sellers

So, - from which seller you bought it and what FW version your GT680W has ?

My GT680W is having V3.5G , GT550W is 1307310SC7 E03 EC, LS330W is G1308230SC2 E00 EC.
I found it weird when I saw V3.5G, from my past experience having so many GT series among my friends, this GT680W FW number is the shortest and different format too.

My GT680W is having V3.5G , GT550W is 1307310SC7 E03 EC, LS330W is G1308230SC2 E00 EC.
I found it weird when I saw V3.5G, from my past experience having so many GT series among my friends, this GT680W FW number is the shortest and different format too.

FW could be the case but lets talk about in one thread to avoid doble posts.

Got my 680W yesterday and finally got it going. I have a question though. I have a 32GB card in mine, are there any guesses as to the amount of time that will be able to record before it starts overwriting? Is there a feature that say halfway through a long drive I can push a button to save a particular clip so it is not overwritten if I had multiple hours ahead of driving where it would be overwritten?

Niko, when we can expect promised review ?

Soon, - hopefully this year. I received it, tested, but now need to put all info together.
You have to understand, that I do it from my own free time, nobody pays me. It takes total around 30-40 hours to put together complete review with all inside-out tests, editing, uploading, comparing to other dashcams, etc, like I do. Of course can be done only short overview like techmoan does ( not deep review ), but this would not give understanding of the product. So a lot of time involved in this. Patience.

Got my 680W yesterday and finally got it going. I have a question though. I have a 32GB card in mine, are there any guesses as to the amount of time that will be able to record before it starts overwriting? Is there a feature that say halfway through a long drive I can push a button to save a particular clip so it is not overwritten if I had multiple hours ahead of driving where it would be overwritten?

When you drive and gt680w records, press "M" ( menu ) button and it saves that particular clip into "Event / locked" folder. File length will be saved depending on how long video recording each individual clip you chose on the first place ( 2, 3, 5 min )

When you drive and gt680w records, press "M" ( menu ) button and it saves that particular clip into "Event / locked" folder. File length will be saved depending on how long video recording each individual clip you chose on the first place ( 2, 3, 5 min )
Isn't there a chance that if the new loop started you might only capture part of the event? Or does it save the current loop as well as the previous? Hope that makes sense. I mean say the length was set to 2 minutes and I hit the menu button just after that loop ended wouldn't it capture the 2 minutes after the event?

Isn't there a chance that if the new loop started you might only capture part of the event? Or does it save the current loop as well as the previous? Hope that makes sense. I mean say the length was set to 2 minutes and I hit the menu button just after that loop ended wouldn't it capture the 2 minutes after the event?

If on the go you press "M", then it locks ongoing recording of looped files. Would be more practical like in many other high-end dash cams, that it will save 10 sec before and 10 sec after, or something like this.

If on the go you press "M", then it locks ongoing recording of looped files. Would be more practical like in many other high-end dash cams, that it will save 10 sec before and 10 sec after, or something like this.
I'm new to dashcam's so sorry but I am a little confused haha.

Here's a diagram:
upload_2013-12-23_19-44-34.png
So in this instance I press the button at the blue marker, would it only save loop two and thus I would miss the thing I want to capture in red because the new loop has started?

I'm new to dashcam's so sorry but I am a little confused haha.

Here's a diagram:
View attachment 2870
So in this instance I press the button at the blue marker, would it only save loop two and thus I would miss the thing I want to capture in red because the new loop has started?

It will lock-save only that loop where you pressed "M", in your diadramm loop two.
Still, if you want to lock-save some footage from previouse loops, you need to stop recording, go to playback mode, find that particular loop and lock it from there.
By this principle all dashcams with LCD display works these days.

It will lock-save only that loop where you pressed "M", in your diadramm loop two.
Still, if you want to lock-save some footage from previouse loops, you need to stop recording, go to playback mode, find that particular loop and lock it from there.
By this principle all dashcams with LCD display works these days.
Thanks for the clarification it could be quite easy to save the wrong loop and end up with nothing at the end of a drive. Do you have a rough idea how many minutes of video a 32Gb card in this will hold? I would generally like to be able to reach my destination first without having to pull over and fiddle about trying to save the right clip

Back